Floor Mats

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Floor Mats

Postby starfire » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:32 pm

OK, I cannot find floor mats that are small enough for my car. Any that are sold in the auto parts or department stores (Meijer, Wal-mart, etc.) are too wide. I bought a set at Wal-mart that are trimmable. Even trimmed as small as they can be, they are still too wide. Who has a source for floor mats that fit our cars? I'm beginning to think I am going to have to make my own.
Alan

1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertible
1978 Oldsmobile Starfire Firenza

"Starfire, the Oldsmobile you didn't expect"
starfire

1978 Oldsmobile Starfire Firenza

Re: Floor Mats

Postby lleelduo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:00 pm

I had no luck either. I got mine from ACC carpet to match my new carpet. the carpet fit perfectly, but not the mats. I called them and complained. The customer service guy tried to help, but he said that is the pattern they have on file for our cars. I ended up getting them to send more binding material and used my old mats as a template to cut the new ones. I took them to upholsery shop and had them sew on the new binding. By the way the factory H body mats are the same pt# as a Chevette/T1000 if you are looking for some for a template.
Larry Leitz

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Safari sport wagon
1969 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 convertiable
2016 Chevrolet Volt
2016 Chevrolet City Express
lleelduo

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Safari Wagon

Postby Monza Harry » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:46 am

Alan you could get the material to match and buy that floor/carpet runner with the tabs on the bottom, cut them to match and then some carpet places can "Serge" them for you that is the "wool" thread that goes over the edge, as an alternate to the vinyl edging Harry http://www.carpetbindingandserging.com/serging.html ( I searched carpet serging in Detroit for you Alan but this was the first link that wasn't for a machine)
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:50 am

I have ACC mats and think they fit ok, better than their carpet.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby SeniorSavage » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:12 am

I thought the ACC mats looked pretty sharp and good quality, although my seats are no longer in to compare they looked pretty appropriate sitting on the bare floor before the carpet goes in ..

p.s. the "T" is for the Grand National Turbo 3.8 I'm putting in it 8)}x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The fleet;
1975 Buick Skyhawk 3.8 V6 turbo - total restore ongoing (soon!)
1996 Fleetwood Bounder 36' Ford 460 TBI motorhome
2004 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic 88ci 1450cc. - custom original.
2005 Ford 500 Limited (wife's car) - working original.
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT LS VorTec 4200
SeniorSavage

1975 Buick Skyhawk

Return to General Discussion