Radiator question

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Radiator question

Postby Monzadude » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:41 pm

I'm going to need a rad at some point. Mine will work for now but should be replaced. Local rad shops can't get one and can't re do this one because of supply issues because of COVID.
What is everyone using to replace a factory rad? I'm in canada. Is there anything thing here or will I have to ship from the U.S?. It's for a stock 3.8L, manual trans so it doesn't need to be anything fancy. Of course money is a factor. Any ideas?
79 Skyhawk
Monzadude

Re: Radiator question

Postby monzaaddict » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:10 am

monzaaddict

Postby chevyart » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:26 pm

the rad monzaaddict mentioned looks good. filler cap is best mounted on side. height is good, thickness of rad. may scare you coming real close to water pump shaft, but the biggest problem mya be the total width of rad. 26 `/8 inch width. measure at bottom of rad. core and you most likely see the space may be a little less then 26 inches. i had this problem with my 745 vega and had to do a bit of massaging(grinding) that is what was my problem, hopefully yours may be different what i had to grind was welds. art
chevyart

Postby Monzadude » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:45 pm

Thanks for the help. I ordered one today. Mine was just a little too far gone to fix.
79 Skyhawk
Monzadude

Return to General Discussion