Front end parts

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Front end parts

Postby Monzadude » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:30 am

Sorry if this is all on the forum already. I tried to search it but I suck at it and didn't find what I was looking for.

Where is the best place to get front end parts. I'm planning ahead but will probably replace all the front steering parts this winter. Maybe the suspension. I'll see how it rides once it's on the road. I may need a center link. I'm pretty sure this one will pass a safety but should get replaced eventually. It doesn't look like they're readily available. Can we still get them? I know I got a whole front end kit for my old skyhawk years ago. Everything but the center link was in it. How about shocks?
79 Skyhawk
Monzadude

Re: Front end parts

Postby Wizeguyrc » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:19 pm

I’m not sure if there’s anything on their site at the moment, but I’ve had great luck with Rockauto.
Every few weeks I check their stock of parts and they will have nos TRW parts on close out. These parts are typically in aged boxes with no bar codes and made in the USA. I’ve accumulated two complete front rebuild kits for my Vega using this method. But it has taken some time.
As far as center links, I’ve seen nos pieces on EBay for all different H-body configurations. Again, I purchased two TRW pieces for around 75.00 each. I’m sure cost is going to vary though.
Good luck.
Wizeguyrc

Postby hammerdown7 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:00 pm

I think someone on here mentioned that the centerlink could be rebuilt.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby monzacoupe » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:39 pm

I was looking at Bryan's website and got the company's name from there so I called Performance Suspension Technologies last spring and they had a bunch of parts available at the time. I'm in the same boat as you and want to freshen up the front suspension this winter and may buy from them .

Rick
monzacoupe

1980 Chevrolet Monza Coupe

Postby gerbsinmd » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:24 am

Keep checking Rock Auto, I got AC/Delco tie rod ends from them in the Spring.
1999 Saturn SL2
2017 Cruze Hatchback
2008 Town & Country - Family transport
2018 Cruze - 35mpg - avg, 49.7mpg - best so far.
2011 Impala - commuter
RIP-2002 Saturn SL2 Commuter car - burned a valve @ 234k miles

1977 Monza Mirage being Restified!!
gerbsinmd

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Postby Monza Harry » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:48 pm

Check out "Rare Parts" for your center link. I've seen them listed somewhere quite awhile back, not sure if the make new or re-build them so a core would be needed if they are re-build them.
https://rareparts.com/steering-suspension Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to General Discussion