A couple quick questions

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

A couple quick questions

Postby yfz450man » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:28 pm

Howdy
Ok so I got my new motor installed.... which sounds fantastic by the way !!!
So it’s a massaged small block And I put Sanderson headers on it I did have to dent the pass tube slightly and I put a few fender shims under the motor mount (just a few thin ones ) and that took care of the clearance issue on that side but the drivers side is my issue I have a tilt column and the steering shaft has some serious rub on number one tube !! Is there a fix for this ?? I have bob Gumm new motor mounts and a new trans. Mount should I take the drivers side off and dent it as well ??? I thought the pass side was the pia side or should I take out the shins ??
And can someone please post pictures of your dual exhaust setups ? I’m headed to the muffler shop this week and would like to see some options
Thanks guys
yfz450man

Re: A couple quick questions

Postby cjbiagi » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Best dual exhaust system is to run both pipes down the passenger side and up and over the rearend into two mufflers placed side by side in the stock muffler position next to the gas tank. This allows thbest ground clearance. The second pic is not my car but a image I saved. First pic is mine that shows my turn down tips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby cosvega76 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:09 am

Can you supply a photo of the steering column rub?

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby monzaaddict » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:46 pm

yfz450man wrote:Howdy
Ok so I got my new motor installed.... which sounds fantastic by the way !!!
So it’s a massaged small block And I put Sanderson headers on it I did have to dent the pass tube slightly and I put a few fender shims under the motor mount (just a few thin ones ) and that took care of the clearance issue on that side but the drivers side is my issue I have a tilt column and the steering shaft has some serious rub on number one tube !! Is there a fix for this ?? I have bob Gumm new motor mounts and a new trans. Mount should I take the drivers side off and dent it as well ??? I thought the pass side was the pia side or should I take out the shins ??
And can someone please post pictures of your dual exhaust setups ? I’m headed to the muffler shop this week and would like to see some options
Thanks guys

you can try unbolting the triangular steering column mount on inner firewall. reposition column within opening, redrill and secure lower column mount.
monzaaddict

Return to General Discussion