Monza seat belt replacements

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Monza seat belt replacements

Postby GermanMonza » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:41 am

Hi Folks,

the seatbelts in both my Monzas are so stiff, it feels almost like they would just crumble to dust at the slightest touch.

I've found this thread http://forums.h-body.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42695 but unfortunately, the original question is not answered - would the '78 Camaro seat belts fit or could they be made to fit? Looks like Monzas have dual retractors, and the Camaro only has the one that's mounted to the roof, but I think one retractor would be sufficient.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
GermanMonza

Re: Monza seat belt replacements

Postby 283vega » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:03 am

There are several companies that can reweb your old belts for you. Snake oyl products is one I used to redo my belts on my vette
283 vega
70 corvette

Brian
283vega

Postby GermanMonza » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:47 am

Brian, thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned I'm in Germany. Shipping the retractors back and forth would probably cost more than new ones :rolleyes:

Edit: you had a good point there, I found a company in Germany that would reweb them. I'll give them a call.
Still interested if the Camaro belts would work, just curious.
GermanMonza

Postby Monza Harry » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:00 pm

These Corvette belts look correct(ish) if you have yours out you could look at them closer to tell. Not exactly cheap but the outcome would be your choice. 1976 was that last year of dual retractors that I am aware of on GM vehicles, after that they went to singles for weight and cost savings IIRC. There are a number of aircraft re-webbers in Europe to choose from, their quality should be top notch, and usually require certifications. Harry
https://www.retrobelt.com/collections/s ... retractors
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby mikebrow74 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:48 am

Yes, I have 1978 Camaro belts in my 1978 Spyder. 1977 and earlier have the dual retractors with one down by the seat base and the other in the roof.
mikebrow74

Return to General Discussion