tire spare wheel monza

Moderator: Moderators

tire spare wheel monza

Postby THE EMPIRE » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:30 am

hello
has anyone replaced the old spare tire (mine is from goodyear b78-13) mini space
had already two tires centers who said goodyear dont make this tire anymore.
is there another brand who made this tire?
THE EMPIRE

Re: tire spare wheel monza

Postby burnouts&rotorblades » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Apparently that is a trailer tire size. I found this on etrailer.

https://www.etrailer.com/question-37272.html
1972 Vega Wagon; 283 V8, 4 speed video 1
#DriftVega
YouTube/butnoutsAndRotorblades
Facebook/BurnoutsAndRotorblades
instagram @BurnoutsAndRotorblades
[url]BurnoutsAndRotorblades@gmail.com[/url]

"Don't get it right, Just get it running"
burnouts&rotorblades

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby 79MonzaSpyder » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:09 pm

I think he is looking for the B78-13 spacesaver tire which is an animal of a different colour because the sidewalls collapse when deflated to save space unlike the later spacesaver tires that are just small skinny temporary tires that fit in the car while still inflated. The Monza and in not sure if they used these on the Vegas too but they came with a steel caulking gun size canister full of air to screw onto the valve stem and inflate the tire when you need to install the spare. Empire is that what you are looking for? It’s one thing to find a used one But I doubt anything is new is available for a replacement. And if you find a used one it would probably be suitable for show and to fill the spare tire spot in the car but I would be reluctant to fill it with are and drive on it for any distance.
The Fleet
2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
79 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup Fully Restored with matching 78 11' Camper
80 Monza 2+2, Cloned into a 79 Monza Spyder V8 4 Speed (Current Project)
80 Monza Spyder V6 Auto (parts car, sadly)
80 Honda CB750K Fully Restored with Custom Full Dress
80 Honda CM400A 10,000 Orig. Miles Full Dress
75 Honda XL250 Fully Restored (first vehicle I ever owned)
73 Honda SL125 off roader
72 Honda Motorsport 250 (XL250) off roader
79MonzaSpyder

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby THE EMPIRE » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:37 pm

79MonzaSpyder wrote:I think he is looking for the B78-13 spacesaver tire which is an animal of a different colour because the sidewalls collapse when deflated to save space unlike the later spacesaver tires that are just small skinny temporary tires that fit in the car while still inflated. The Monza and in not sure if they used these on the Vegas too but they came with a steel caulking gun size canister full of air to screw onto the valve stem and inflate the tire when you need to install the spare. Empire is that what you are looking for? It’s one thing to find a used one But I doubt anything is new is available for a replacement. And if you find a used one it would probably be suitable for show and to fill the spare tire spot in the car but I would be reluctant to fill it with are and drive on it for any distance.

yes there is no replacment tire in the market ?
THE EMPIRE

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:23 pm

I have an old orignal inflatable spare (spare to me maybe more) these are heavy and will be really expensive to ship across the street, Europe I can only cringe to think about it. I know the immediate whereabouts of 1 but it is cracked (sidewalls). If you really want 1 send me a PM. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby THE EMPIRE » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:36 pm

thanks but im looking for a new tire ,i have already two spare wheels with old tires.
also has anyone an idea for the 13 inch rims orignal tire size?(4) ,have some new refurbish wheel but no idea what to put on
THE EMPIRE

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech