Wanted: Windshield for 1977 Vega

Tips, tricks, tools...

Moderator: Moderators

Wanted: Windshield for 1977 Vega

Postby Weatherhound » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Hey good people of H-Body Forum, I have been combing thru lots of good tips in here for about a year and finally decided I needed to join and ask a few key questions. I am on the hunt for a windshield for a 1977 Vega Hatchback. Factory one has the antenna in the glass up the middle with a tint line, but either of those options are not important so as long as I can pass inspection so my daughter and I can take it for a drive (me mostly though LOL).

Please if anyone knows where I can get one I would really, really appreciate it. My last post I commented on the challenge of revitalizing a Vega compared to something like a Camaro. Camaros are easy. Vega's are a fun and crazy challenge.

Thanks and have a great day!
Regards,
Brian C.
Weatherhound

Re: Wanted: Windshield for 1977 Vega

Postby mikebrow74 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:43 pm

I just purchased a new windshield for my 1978 Monza Spyder Hatchback from Auto City Classic http://www.autocityclassic.com. Their website doesn't show Monza/Vega glass but if you call them they can sell you glass.

I had called in February and they were out of stock. I was able to order it in early April. They said they had 6 more in stock at that time. Price was a very reasonable $149 plus $110 shipping to California. This glass being new has a blue tint shade and the internal antenna. The old glass will have the blue shade faded to bronze.
mikebrow74

Re: Wanted: Windshield for 1977 Vega

Postby Weatherhound » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:03 pm

Thanks Mike. I am going to give them a call tomorrow.
Weatherhound

Return to Restoration Tips