NEW MOTOR FOR IMSA- HIGH RPM 345 SBC

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: NEW MOTOR FOR IMSA- HIGH RPM 345 SBC

Postby mldeolde » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:29 am

just when it seems like things are going to poop something good happens. i've been wanting to get a set of roadrace slicks for the IMSA for use on any track time i can get in the future. well there haven't been any good deals mainly because shipping charges are so high to get them shipped from places like North Carolina to Southern California. well for the last couple of days i thought i was seeing a set of roadrace slicks on some bright yellow nascar type rims at a little old tire shop in town. well i was right. stopped in there today and he had a full set of scuffs and rims"GOODYEAR EAGLE STOCK CAR SPECIALS-27/11.00/15" and another set of four brand new,never even mounted Goodyear eagle -stock car specials up on the rack. asked him what he wanted for all of it and his reply was "VERY LITTLE". very little was $300.00 cash and he even let me take one mounted on one of my Enke modular 15 inch x11 race rims to check fitment . they actually will fit with very little rear wheel well trimming and another slight trim on the front wheel well at the rear edge where the tire hits only at full lock....... the only drawback is that these tires really look too big for this car. they are huge. :dance: :dance: :dance: estetics be damned.............
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby BadBowtie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:52 am

mldeolde wrote:just when it seems like things are going to poop something good happens. i've been wanting to get a set of roadrace slicks for the IMSA for use on any track time i can get in the future. well there haven't been any good deals mainly because shipping charges are so high to get them shipped from places like North Carolina to Southern California. well for the last couple of days i thought i was seeing a set of roadrace slicks on some bright yellow nascar type rims at a little old tire shop in town. well i was right. stopped in there today and he had a full set of scuffs and rims"GOODYEAR EAGLE STOCK CAR SPECIALS-27/11.00/15" and another set of four brand new,never even mounted Goodyear eagle -stock car specials up on the rack. asked him what he wanted for all of it and his reply was "VERY LITTLE". very little was $300.00 cash and he even let me take one mounted on one of my Enke modular 15 inch x11 race rims to check fitment . they actually will fit with very little rear wheel well trimming and another slight trim on the front wheel well at the rear edge where the tire hits only at full lock....... the only drawback is that these tires really look too big for this car. they are huge. :dance: :dance: :dance: estetics be damned.............

Pictures are manditory :th: this i really want to see :mrgreen:
James

1975 Vega GT sbc, Microsquirt w/Edelbrock MPFI, M21 4-speed and Ford 9"
BadBowtie

1975 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby mldeolde » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:24 pm

pictures hopefully coming soon. rechargable batteries in the camera had gone dead at the time i was doing the test fit or else i would have had them already. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
mldeolde

Postby BadBowtie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:57 am

Any new developments? Still looking forward to seeing pictures! :dance:
James

BadBowtie

1975 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby mldeolde » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:02 pm

sorry about the delays in getting the pictures here. new windows 7 system on new computer is giving me fits due to definatly not being very computer savi. here are the pictures of the new track tire set up. they are so big they even fill the enormous wheel well cavities of the IMSA. :shock: :th: SORRY THE REDUCTION I USED BY INFRANVIEW IS LABLEING THE PICTURE AS BITMAP IMAGE AND THE SITE IS SAYING "the extension bmp is not allowed" bummer again. what did i do wrong this time???????? :bang: :bang: :censored: :cuss: where do i go from here now i have pictures the right size but the wrong format i guess.........
mldeolde

Postby BadBowtie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:05 pm

mldeolde wrote:sorry about the delays in getting the pictures here. new windows 7 system on new computer is giving me fits due to definatly not being very computer savi. here are the pictures of the new track tire set up. they are so big they even fill the enormous wheel well cavities of the IMSA. :shock: :th: SORRY THE REDUCTION I USED BY INFRANVIEW IS LABLEING THE PICTURE AS BITMAP IMAGE AND THE SITE IS SAYING "the extension bmp is not allowed" bummer again. what did i do wrong this time???????? :bang: :bang: :censored: :cuss: where do i go from here now i have pictures the right size but the wrong format i guess.........

Is there "paint" on windows 7? i always just threw my pictures in there and reduced the size, i think the format would be good. Either that or maybe you can save as jpg or something
James

BadBowtie

1975 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby mldeolde » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:17 pm

lets try this again-----------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mldeolde

Postby mldeolde » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:21 pm

additional pictures---------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mldeolde

Postby mldeolde » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:23 pm

and a few more......
mldeolde

Postby sportster96blk » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:39 pm

have you done a burn out with those yet i wonder if you run lower air and when the sides wrinkle will they tear up on the rear part of fender well ....... just a thought
sportster96blk

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby mldeolde » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:09 am

THO THEY MAY LOOK LIKE IT THESE TIRES ARE VERY MUCH DIFFERENT IN CONSTRUCTION FROM DRAG SLICKS AND THE SIDE WALLS PROBABLY WOULDN'T TAKE WELL TO VERY LOW PRESSURES COUPLED WITH THE EXTREEME SHOCK OF A DRAG RACE TYPE START. THEY MAY WORK OK FOR AN ENGINE WITH LESS THAN 600 HP BUT THAT DEFINATELY IS NOT THIER INTENDED PURPOSE BY DESIGN.............
mldeolde

Postby Roccosvega » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:27 am

Those tires make the car look like it's ready for some serious road racing.

Robert
Roccosvega

Postby BadBowtie » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:27 am

The car looks killer! Wow... im glad i waited for those pictures! :th: :mrgreen: Imagine the grip/lateral g's you could hold with rubber that wide!
James

BadBowtie

1975 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby IMSA Monza » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Your car is really lookin cool. One of these days we could hook up at Laguna Seca or some other West Coast track. I was trying to get a Monza reunion at Laguna in June. Was contacting Dekon owners to see if they would be interested. Most of them are noy running. Funny but most of them are in California. I dont think its going to happen so I will be probably the only Monza there. I am still getting my car sorted out. We put on an 8 stack mechanical (EFInot allowed) fuel injection. It should be putting out around 600hp. Hopefully we will be able to hang with the big boys. Im sure it wil respond a lot faster coming out of the turns than the 4 barrel. Motor is a destroked 400 to a 377. 12 1/2 - 1 compression. Definately not a street car. Especially with the triple disc clutch. Its a real money pit but it keeps me happy. Any way good luck
IMSA Monza

Postby cjbiagi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:40 pm

I think the rule on tire size is if they fit and don't rub then they can't be too big :lol: Car looks great with them on.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Previous

Return to Project Journals