zeke's Monza

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Monza

Postby zeke » Sun May 03, 2020 9:14 pm

When I mounted my rad in front of the core support, it ended up a half inch lower than I would have liked and figured it would cause problems later - it did. Four hours later, problem solved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby hammerdown7 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:10 pm

More great work Chris.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby Monza Harry » Mon May 04, 2020 11:31 am

Thanx for the Info Chris! Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri May 08, 2020 12:09 pm

Thanks Dick and np Harry

Working on my bumper trim, they will be semi gloss black, a lot of work to get them flat enough for that. I started with 150 and scuffed them up followed by a couple coats of etching primer. Many coats of 1k primer and some polyester fill and they are almost ready to be black.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun May 17, 2020 1:01 am

Finally got my trim decent enough looking to put on the car. These had holes and many dents when I started. Got the front bumper trim lined up better after this pic, with a couple body shims. Something out of square and when I would tighten the bumper nuts up, it would shift to one side and not be centered anymore.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun May 17, 2020 1:19 am

Uh oh, more interference. Center mounting tab conflicts with radiator tray. I cut it off and screwed the spoiler to it with a speed clip on the backside. With the air dam installed, it is rigid and didn't need to be screwed to car anyways. Waited a long time to see this Eico? piece on the car! I used 3M 3811 Mar-Hyde black satin trim paint for the bumper trim.

Car is getting re-painted eventually with actual automotive paint. I learnt a lot painting a car for the first time but knew I would screw it up so I used Rustoleum with reducer and hardener for a sort of practice run / learning experience and so everything would be painted behind. After the car has some miles on it and any bugs worked out, I'll pull a few parts off, tape it up and fix all my body work mistakes / repaint.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon May 18, 2020 9:51 pm

Lots to do yet but back on the ground is progress :lol:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby hammerdown7 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Chris , it's a gem now and only going to get better as you finish it. Some day I'll go back to the start of this project try to take in all your skills and hard work.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby zeke » Thu May 21, 2020 5:49 pm

A pillar trim refurb
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu May 21, 2020 5:50 pm

Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu May 21, 2020 5:52 pm

Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu May 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Thanks Dick! I backed it outside and checked the positraction unit, that felt good :dance: :lol:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 79MonzaSpyder » Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Chris, I like the stance. Any clearance/rubbing issues with the front Tires? Are those gregh’s metal side window louvers?
The Fleet
2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
79 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup Fully Restored with matching 78 11' Camper
80 Monza 2+2, Cloned into a 79 Monza Spyder V8 4 Speed (Current Project)
80 Monza Spyder V6 Auto (parts car, sadly)
80 Honda CB750K Fully Restored with Custom Full Dress
80 Honda CM400A 10,000 Orig. Miles Full Dress
75 Honda XL250 Fully Restored (first vehicle I ever owned)
73 Honda SL125 off roader
72 Honda Motorsport 250 (XL250) off roader
79MonzaSpyder

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu May 21, 2020 11:15 pm

Thanks and no idea, have not driven the car yet. The plastic side louvers are available brand new.

Plastic was very powdery so gave them a skim coat of flexible epoxy - a lot of sanding. :bored:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri May 22, 2020 5:51 pm

A few imperfections needed filling. Ya might think you can get away with it but they need to be smooth before the texture is applied or it will make the pattern irregular and look shitty

After a couple more hours of sanding and flex fill, I was ready to apply some flexible texture. Last round, I put way too much on. Trick is to hold can quite a ways away from the part.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals