zeke's Monza

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Monza

Postby zeke » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:18 am

Vision American Muscle 141 Legend 5 Series Black Wheels 141H5765GB6 15 x 7 with 3.7" BS. No 6" option was available.

I ordered thru my local tire shop but Summit has Vision rims.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:41 am

Left side is together again. Nova brake hose is keyed wrong but simple fix with a small square file. Make sure your BJ cotter pin holes are lined up correctly before assembly. Had to bang it apart and double nut the BJ stud to turn it. arrghh I'll leave the shocks out for now until I see how it sits on the ground - may need to come apart again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby vegastre » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:55 am

Absolutely beautiful wheels Zeke...

Not sure why a preference of 6" over 7" ? Those BF TA's really take me back to the 'good old days' :th:
Phil Kennedy~
72 Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback
75 Pontiac Astre SJ Safari Wagon
vegastre

1975 Pontiac Astre SJ

Postby zeke » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:17 am

Thanks Phil, I really like these rims, think they will compliment the blacked out trim. I don't know why Harry needs 6 inch wide. The TA's were a must, my orig Monza had 60/13 TA's.

https://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/525/V ... nishID=101
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:47 am

I learnt that if you pull out the front crossmember bolt and U nut, the control arm will swing down that extra bit enough to get spring in place on the top end. Long end of spring jaws comes out first towards inside. Right on
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:36 pm

zeke wrote:Vision American Muscle 141 Legend 5 Series Black Wheels 141H5765GB6 15 x 7 with 3.7" BS. No 6" option was available.

I ordered thru my local tire shop but Summit has Vision rims.

Thanx Chris I want a "Torque Thrust" wheel [closest to the "Rally II/Vega GT wheel in the aftermarket we are likely to find, and a Classic too boot] and I couldn't find a 6" offering. :( I will likely have to go 17" as well with my first choice for brakes. Please keep us posted on fitment/clearance issues. Thanks Again Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:35 am

Nova 15" hoses are too long, actually rest on the spring. One of the hoses had a leak at the crimped connection also. Prob old rubber sitting on a shelf for 30 years. Pictures are of passenger side at full left lock.

Ordered 12" SS hoses. Found a post on here from ten years ago and the ebay link is still active. :o Just another minor snag out of the many. :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-mm-stainles ... 2749.l2649
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:41 am

I ordered the ACC carpet with the jute backing for my hatchback but my underpadding was like new so left it. Not enough room around the gas pedal so decided to pull some out. Found a second build sheet with an intact corner I was missing. Didn't gain much but it was free xD
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:41 am

I can get my foot on the go pedal now. :dance: Waiting for wheels and brake hoses. On to re-painting the interior parts. Custom SEM I had mixed was too pink. Switching to Firethorn red cuz Carmine red is NLA.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:57 am

The ECM mounts on the kick panel so needs to be the same colour to help blend in. Another small job out of the way.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby hammerdown7 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:31 pm

Chris, When you finish this renovation, are you going to be able to to take it outside? I enjoy your postings.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby zeke » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:13 am

hammerdown7 wrote:Chris, When you finish this renovation, are you going to be able to to take it outside? I enjoy your postings.

Dick

Thanks Dick, I like the comments too :-) If all goes well, you can see it at Woodward next summer.

More materials. Interior is getting re-done with Firethorn Red (same as steering column in last pic)
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby hammerdown7 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:05 am

Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby zeke » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Spray cans are so much easier to work with and I like this shade of red much better.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:56 am

Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals