My Vega project

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My Vega project

Postby chevy art » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:30 am

jeff the only thing to fear is fear itself art
chevy art

Postby cosworth0135 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:31 pm

Art , The thing i learned about Nitrous is , the more you have done to your motor the less boost in hp you get, don't know how true it is but it makes sense to me,, untill i think of the time i seen one of those power adder street cars run a 12 second no nitrous pass and the next time out clicked off a low 9second pass
i currently drive a geo metro,insert silly joke here,, but i'll pass you while your getting gas
If you don't have time/money to do it right the first time,how will you have time/money to do it again. Timmy
cosworth0135

Postby chevyart » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:44 pm

jeff hope all is well and your car is running fast. getting ready to start bolting on all these great parts i have onto the vega. my gas tank is like new(probably was a replacement at some time). toying with putting a fuel sump on, but just dont see why your way of one fitting at bottom of tank wont work. - i would use a # 10 bulkhead fitting in rear flat part of tank. i see your is off to one side and am guessing it is under the hole for the sending unit to be put in, so you can tighten the bulkhead fitting in with a ratchet and extension. is this right, and would it be possible to put fitting in center of tank, like you did off to the side, and tighten it with a long extension and universal socket. this is all based on the premise that you did yours this way. probably biggest question is, did this method feed your engine all the gas it needed under hard takeoffs and on top end pulling. is it still hooked up this way?. How does the bulkhead fitting hold up against leaking. i could have a fitting soldered in(i think). thanks art
chevyart

Postby speedphreake » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:14 pm

That was a long time ago. I think I put it where it was for ease of install and avoid interfering with the sending unit. I didn't keep the tank in there long. I changed the trunk floor and put a 69 camaro tank in. I just finished installing an aeromotive stealth in tank pump, http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/ ... el-system/ . Very nice set up and easy install. I wouldn't use anything else after doing this.
71 Vega hb
11 2500HD duramax
speedphreake

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby chevyart » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:59 am

thanks jeffim gonna have to go with the sump as i already have a real good(expensive) system to use. see you soon art
chevyart

Postby cptech » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Did the same type of radiator support mod that you did. I'm also looking to cover up the bottom of the radiator with a spoiler. Where did you get yours, and how far from the lower valence does the spoiler hang down ? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
cptech

Postby TimMcCabe » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:05 am

I'm with Jeff,

I also installed the Aeromotive stealth fuel pump kit into Kermit last summer. It's a great product with a built in sump that prevents fuel starvation for us EFI guys :)
I did have to trim the floor and make a raised cover, but on the up side, I can now remove the fuel pump without dropping the tank.

Cheers,
Tim
1972 TPI Vega T56 6 speed

Contact me for all of your Tachometer needs
TimMcCabe

Postby Mac Toe » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:44 pm

How's the Vega these days?
Mac Toe

Postby NoseDive » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Speedphreake:
Man, the stance in your profile pic is exactly what I'm looking for with my project... even plan on running the Chevy rally wheels like you do. It's got a great stance.

I'm building my wagon as a driver, not planning any racing... just something for cruising. Definitely checking out this entire thread. THanks for posting what you have, any advice/suggestions, please feel free to share... I just bought the car (74 wagon) and haven't brought it home yet.

It has a Don Hardy kit and new S10 spindles, rotors and calipers, plus a few other parts the previous owner acquired, will know more once I get it home and inventory what I have.
NoseDive

Previous

Return to Project Journals