Mirage Project and parts wish

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Mirage Project and parts wish

Postby Todd TCE » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:05 pm

As a few of you know I am now the owner of a '77 Mirage. And plan to do a fairly extensive resto to it but not waaayy over done...well at least not in my mind!

I looked for a For Sale or WTB section here and don't see one so I'll post my needs here for now and chime in with some updates as things progress.

WTB:

1. Need the auto trans plastic tunnel shifter cover. Mission critical are the arch cover and orange pointer. Not so much the plastic base panel as I am reworking that.

2. Need one of the plastic door handle finger plates. I think they are the same but the L one is critical if they are not.

3. Quarter window trim. One piece of this; will update but I believe it's the upper.

4. Seat belt anchors for the seats. Yea I know; nobody uses those but they belong there and unless I strike out I'll have the seats recovered without the holes!

Oh, and a Mirage front air dam! LOL (I did find one 1/4" rem of the old one with a #6 sheet metal screw so I'm happy knowing at one time it DID have one...)
Todd
TCE
Todd TCE

Postby peterpan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:18 am

we have a classified section and wanted for sale and for trade sections here

go to the main index and at towards the bottom are the wanted for sale and for trade forums

and then in the colmn on the left is the classified section

welcome and good luck with your new h-body
second star to the right strait on till morning
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby Todd TCE » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:37 pm

You're going to need to help me on that one Peter.

Past the Marketplace (no forms for general WTB or FS ads) all I show are all the HBOA archives.

I don't see any classifieds. I don't think I have any parts of this reduced down.
Todd
TCE
Todd TCE

Postby Todd TCE » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:39 pm

nevermind....I see it now.

It's in the FEATURES menu.

thx
Todd
TCE
Todd TCE

Postby greg72 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:22 am

Todd, I am under the impression that the classifieds listed under Features is not as popular as the Wanted and For Sale sections that are listed under Marketplace , towards the bottom of the page.

However you will only see the Marketplace field when you are logged in.
Greg
greg72

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby cjbiagi » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:21 pm

Todd, email me. I may be able to find some of what you are looking for. cjbiagi@yahoo.com
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby cjbiagi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Todd, are you still looking for these parts? If so, email me. cjbiagi@yahoo.com
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:43 pm

???????
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby Todd TCE » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:02 pm

Rear suspension update:

With the rear fully apart now I see a need for some bearings and seals as well as the usual clean up. Axle housing and all related panhard parts are out for PC and I've got bearings coming.

The rear suspension issues remain a question with spring rates not quite what I'd read them to be. I'll PC the springs but not sure I'll use them at this point. New shocks will dampen them anyhow.

Rear brakes are all stripped and I've got a drawing done now for the rear disc design. I'm hoping the rear will be a nice single pot floater with integral parking brake. I think I see about 10.25-10.5" rears here. Assembly appears fairly straight forward.

Not sure what I'll do on the underside of the body. I'm leaning towards some 3M undercoat. Not the oem appearance but cleaner and good for sound deadening.

Fuel tank and other related parts will be back form PC this week and assembled for bench storage. I note this car has NO rear sway bar (RARB) as noted being there...hmm, not sure what's up on that. The trailing arms are off and I'll burn out the bushings this week pending the arrival of new bushings and test fit. The old ones are not all bad but at this junction cheap to replace.

Up front: The engine bay is stripped part way with more to come. Sub frame parts to be removed and coated also shortly. Need a new set of stands if I pull the full front suspension at this time to work on it as well. I'll work in this stuff soon so I can do the new brakes up there as well.

Speaking of brakes, new mc and booster from NAPA is ready. Combi valve is in question at this time and I'll weigh that shortly.

Lots of misc parts being worked on; a/c blower cleaned up, fuel and brake lines plated, wiring re taped, looking at seat materials, carpets and more....
Todd
TCE
Todd TCE

Postby gerbsinmd » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Todd, got any pictures of the Mirage
1999 Saturn SL2
2017 Cruze Hatchback
2008 Town & Country - Family transport
2018 Cruze - 35mpg - avg, 49.7mpg - best so far.
2011 Impala - commuter
RIP-2002 Saturn SL2 Commuter car - burned a valve @ 234k miles

1977 Monza Mirage being Restified!!
gerbsinmd

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Postby Todd TCE » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:18 pm

No pics handy but not much to look at either right now...up on rollers.

I did puck up a bunch of the black powder coat today; gas tank, torque arm, engine pieces, brackets, bumper shocks....got more to go in soon; suspension parts etc.

Also got back some of the zinc; fuel lines, misc brake parts, yellow zinc hood latch....

It's a sickness.
Todd
TCE
Todd TCE

Re: Mirage Project and parts wish

Postby gerbsinmd » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:30 am

Todd, how's the Mirage doing?
1999 Saturn SL2
2017 Cruze Hatchback
2008 Town & Country - Family transport
2018 Cruze - 35mpg - avg, 49.7mpg - best so far.
2011 Impala - commuter
RIP-2002 Saturn SL2 Commuter car - burned a valve @ 234k miles

1977 Monza Mirage being Restified!!
gerbsinmd

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Return to Project Journals