Before and after

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Before and after

Postby Monzadude » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:27 pm

So it was worth all the time in the cold. It took alot of frozen toes and numb fingers but it was worth every second. Still lots to do but now the big one is out of the way. Most of what's left is just assembly. There's still some rust in the wheel wells but not much and i've checked and it's all just surface rust.

The big thing is it finally looks like I've made some progress. It gets a little depressing when you work your butt off and it doesn't look any different.

Today was fairly warm to start so turned on every heater I could get my hands on and got the garage pretty warm. Also draped the plastic I used for sandblasting over the engine compartment to hold the heat in. A little more masking and I started painting. It's just spray bomb paint. Black low gloss high temp paint. Used high temp hopeing it would last longer and the exaust wouldn't burn it off. Every monza I've had didn't have any paint around the bottom of the inner fenders. Also it was the same price as regular paint so what the hell!

Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
79 Skyhawk
Monzadude

Postby bill1978v8 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:01 pm

Looks pretty good!

Bill
1975 Monza 2+2, 4.3L V8, Auto
bill1978v8

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby ColinOpseth » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:22 pm

Very, very nice!!
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby OldsStarfire » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:51 pm

Huge difference !
OldsStarfire

1977 Oldsmobile Starfire SX

Postby Monzadude » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:46 pm

Finally at a point where I can start putting things back together. The front suspension first then the steering. Every thing is going great but I can't find the clips for the lower control arms that the shocks bolt to. Seems like they'd be easy to find but not so far. I'm just going to use bolts with nuts.

Next is the steering. I figure it's probably easier to hook up the steering arm last so I can make sure the steering wheel is straight.I'm going to try to get everything as close to straight as possible and the let the alignment guys do the rest.

Just over a month to go before I plan on the car being on the road. Lot's of time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
79 Skyhawk
Monzadude

Postby fyrftr50 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:08 am

What a difference Bill, from when I owned that car, with I could see that kind of progress on my Hawk. Cheers!
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Return to Project Journals