Project WTF

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Project WTF

Postby woodwagon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Yeah te car is staying RWD and the motor tranny combo I am using is more reliable and stronger than the starion / conquest stuff. Although I did steal the RX-7 tranny idea from them I have to use a bellhousing form one from one of the 88-89 mazda pick ups to make it work but it has been done by the star/quest crowd when they swap in the 2.4 or 2.0 motors into thier cars.

I will be using a RWD Mightymax transmission to start with since I have one sitting in the garage and then buy the other when I break the one I have. ( they are not well built for that much hp )

Project is kinda on hold for 2 weeks while I travel back and forth to finish up my divorce but after that I will be posting Pics as I progress with the build from deconstruction to fabrication.

I'll do some reading on the 240 rack swap I happen to have one of those sitting in a field to :lol:

The HP numbers I posted from the motor are what I got on an idetical build for a awd eclipse on the dyno so may be some slight differance but it will be getting tuned on a dyno so will post actual numbers when it gets to that point.

I guess other than the rack the next major piece I need to source is a rear end so looks like some junk yard trips are in order soon.
woodwagon

Re: Project WTF

Postby 77vegaproject » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:50 pm

well any updates?
77vegaproject

Previous

Return to Project Journals