street IMSA-brake upgrades continue

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

street IMSA-brake upgrades continue

Postby mldeolde » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:49 pm

this is what i like to call out with the old in with the new. not totally satisfied with the Corvette C-3 suspension and brakes. tho it is a great upgrade from the factory parts i wanted to go a bit farther especially in the braking department. talking to the owner of Corvette Engineering he had a set of brackets in production that allowed for the use of Wilwoods huge Superlite 4 piston calipers on the vette spec 11.75 x 1.250 rotors. finally got my upgraded drilled and slotted rotors which will be another significant improvement over the factory solid rotors. i would have liked to have got a set of overdrilled rotors but they are prone to warpage and other types of failures so i passed on that and went the drilled /slotted route which should prove adequate "FOR NOW AT LEAST". As mentioned previously,there is now availability of a set up for my application that utilizes 13 inch front rotors which i may pursue latter. here are a few pics of my latest workon the IMSA :dance: :dance: :dance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Re: street IMSA-brake upgrades continue

Postby zeke » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:43 pm

Those plug wires look xtra heavy duty, nice lookin SBC. :D
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby mldeolde » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:37 pm

MORE NASCAR PARTS- THE DISTRIBUTOR AND ALL RELATED IGNITION PARTS ARE "GENTLY USED" NASCAR PARTS ALSO. SAVED A TON OF $$$$ AND THEY ARE THE BEST QUALITY YOU CAN GET........ :dance: :dance: :dance:
mldeolde

Postby zeke » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:48 pm

mldeolde wrote:MORE NASCAR PARTS- THE DISTRIBUTOR AND ALL RELATED IGNITION PARTS ARE "GENTLY USED" NASCAR PARTS ALSO. SAVED A TON OF $$$$ AND THEY ARE THE BEST QUALITY YOU CAN GET........ :dance: :dance: :dance:

Is there a website for that? :lol:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby mldeolde » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:11 pm

YES AS A MATTER OF FACT. I'VE SPENT FIVE PLUS YEARS RESERCHING AND BIDDING ON USED NASCAR PARTS FOR THE IMSA RESTORATION PROJECT. JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE GOTTEN FOR MY RESTORATION AND UPGRADEING OF THIS CAR HAS BEEN THREW E-BAY . THAT IS EVERYTHING FROM A 17 INCH CARBON FIBER AIR CLEANER FROM THE TRUCK SERIES TO THE HOOKER 2129 COMP HEADERS WHICH I PURCHASED UNUSED AND SITTING IN A GARAGE FOR YEARS BACK EAST. I COULD GO ON AND ON , EVERY PART HAS A STORY THAT GOES WITH IT AND I SAVED A TON OF $$$ BUT HAVE HAD TO TAKE THE FINANCIAL RISKS INVOLVED IN BUYING THREW E-BAY. AN GOOD EXAMPLE WOULD BE MY ENGINE AND ASSOCIATED PATS LIKE RADIATOR ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP AND REGULATOR ETC. I FIGURE I HAVE A $ 10,000.00 ENGINE AND CLUTCH ASSEMBLY AND HAVE LESS THAN $ 4,000.00 INVESTED IN IT AND IT'S ALL TOP LINE NAME BRAND PARTS,NO CHEAPIE CHINEESE JUNK. I'M DEFINATLY NOT IN A FINANCIAL CONDITION TO JUST SHELL OUT THE DOUGH FOR ALL THIS STUFF AND THAT IS WHY THIS IS ALREADY AN OVER 5 YEAR PROJECT THAT HAS BEEN BOTH FRUSTRATING AND ALSO VERY SATISFYING AT TIMES........ :bang: :cuss: :dance:
mldeolde

Postby Roccosvega » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:29 pm

Engine looks good. I noticed the two AN fittings coming out the intake next to the thermostat
housing .Do they go into the back of the heads? I have been reading about the small water
passeges in an aluminum head and how to more efficientally cool them because of this.
I have aluminum heads to and I plan on running coolant lines to them.

Robert
Roccosvega

Postby 72 SS PNL » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:16 am

looks good

ive had great luck with wilwood rotors , run them daily on the cavalier 12.2 2 piece with 4 piston calipers , only time they vibrate is when the pad material gets built up , and some light braking and it goes away
first and best car owned 72 GT(changed to SS) panel wagon

pictures of the car from 86 - http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/06_IBM_GOAT/955
72 SS PNL

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby mldeolde » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:27 pm

yes the lines are for front to back cylinder cooling equalization. every little bit helps especially on 400 blocks and my bow tie block also has the siamese cylinder configuration so it gets the treatment and a high flow Moroso water pump and masive radiator and oil cooler to hopefully keep it from blowing it's top. :dance: :dance: :dance:
mldeolde

Postby Roccosvega » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:16 pm

Sounds wicked ,I like those wires too. I have some TAYLOR 10.4mm that look simular.

Robert
Roccosvega

Return to Project Journals