After 5 Years, My First Short Drive

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: After 5 Years, My First Short Drive

Postby gm_fan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:33 am

Got a little farther along on the monza this weekend..The front fenders are both installed and the hood is on..One thing I am concerned about is where the fenders meet the windshield cowl..I did not like the fit but both sides are consistent so my question is , Is this normal on a monza?? I am posting pics of both sides and a couple of the front fenders and hood on...thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gm_fan

Postby Racin Jason » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:28 am

Hey GM fan, Mine kinda fit that way too. I dont reallly think there's much you can do either. When i raised that end of the fender the hood didn't line up right and the body line on the door wouldn't line up. Getting the panels to line up is an excercise in patience. Good luck, things look pretty good so far. Hey whats with the windshield trim? Did you use something other than stock?
Our blessed mother of acceleration dont fail me now. -Elwood Blues
Racin Jason

Postby marco_1978_spyder » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:43 am

You had asked a while back about your trim tag... Looks like it was assembled on the 126th production cycle day, during the 1st week of March . Originally a silver with black interior car as it is now.

No telling if it was a factory spyder, but it looks the part. and has all the pieces, even the rardash plate, usually left off a clone 77. It is a 77 right?
1978 Monza Spyder V8 4speed, posi
1978 Sunbird Formula V6, 5 Speed, Hatchback
1980 Sunbird Hatchback 4cyl, 4spd.
2006 Chevrolet Aveo 5 speed Hatchback
Yes, you can refer to me as Mark
Please visit my blog... http://chevymonza.blogspot.com/ Follow if you like!
Featuring special guests; Carl Beraytor and Ray D'atore

My Red spyder now has a youtube channel please Like and Subscribe!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzzSR ... ISuing7KLA
marco_1978_spyder
Senior Moderator

Postby gm_fan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:34 pm

I am driving the monza fairly often and got a few new pics I wanted to share..Got the ac hooked up and going.. Still have the rear axle to contend with as my ratio now is 2.29 but I am running the 13 inch wheels and 60 series tires..Still have to pull the nose again, no flex was added to paint and is showing some cracking..I actually have another nose thats in better shape and will use it ..Thanks to everyone on this site gm_fan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gm_fan

Postby BadBowtie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:06 am

I love the color, one day i hope to get my car in paint (heck its not even on the road) and when i do, id definitely paint it this silver with possibly a black stripe or blacked out tail panel. I bet it sure feels good to drive something so awesome :wink:
James

1975 Vega GT sbc, Microsquirt w/Edelbrock MPFI, M21 4-speed and Ford 9"
BadBowtie

1975 Chevrolet Vega GT

Previous

Return to Project Journals