My prostreet vega

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My prostreet vega

Postby bugdewde » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:53 am

What the...........?
How'd that happen? :shock:
Dwight

'72 Vega GT Kammback, 215 V8
'73 Vega Wagon - Currently in Limbo....
My rides: http://www.cardomain.com/id/bugdewde
bugdewde

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby avewhtboy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Holy Crap I hope you were not going to fast! Whos arm is that i am afraid to ask as I am in the middle of installing AJE arms
avewhtboy

Postby sinisterblue » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:15 pm

I would like to say it happened on the down trip from a 6ft wheelie..... but in reality I had just turned into a gas station and was turning into gas lane when I heard a pop noise and lost steering (because wheel had slid back into the fender and wouldn't move). I stopped right there and called a buddy with a tow service to come get me. No other damage (not even to the fender). I won't mention the name of the manufacturer (except to say it is not AJE) but I think it was an anomaly as they had never seen that happen before either. In process of getting another made, plus we are taking a swing at fixing this one by cutting off the end and replacing....
sinisterblue

Postby sinisterblue » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Haven't posted in a long while.... after 20 years of living in a house I had built, we decided to move. We bought an older house that has more garage space and a nice large barn with concrete floor. We also are planning on building a 24X40 shop next summer. Unfortunately all this change has meant that VooDoo hasn't spent much time out of the garage lately. Here is a pic from last year when we went for a little spin to the park....
vega park rear copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sinisterblue

Postby avewhtboy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:53 pm

That thing looks wicked
avewhtboy

Postby sinisterblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:44 pm

A little video of the VooDoo Vega rumblin'.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIj87YMz5tU&t=3s
sinisterblue

Postby CableDroid » Sun May 27, 2018 7:38 pm

prolsc wrote: I ended up going with the weld rts wheels 15x3.5 & 15x15. So she's just sitting there until I get everything .I 'll update on pics as I get back on it.

Digging up an old thread...

What backspacing? What size tires?

How wide is your rear end, wheel mounting surface to wheel mount surface? I appreciate the help!!
-Cable
'75 Vega GT Drag LS Turbo Project
CableDroid

1975 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby sinisterblue » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:02 pm

I haven't logged on in a long time so I thought I would do an update.... I took VooDoo off the road for all of 2018 to do some much needed upgrades and repair. The front frame section was very stressed and was twisting and the steering was dangerous. I ended up taking it down to the frame, fixing the frame, adding some strength to it, new Flaming River steering box. Added more cage with front down tubes going into the dash so its tucked in nicely along the pillars and not in the way. Added cross bracing underneath and then ground the frame smooth and painted it. Filled all the holes in the firewall and smoothed it as well then had the firewall and downtubes painted in the color the whole car will be eventually... House of Kolors Oriental Blue. It really looks like it is still wet paint it is so slick. Next came a quick engine reseal and gasket... no need to rebuild so just sealed it up good! Polished every piece of aluminum and put $1000 worth of new braided lines and ends. Two new carbs (sent the old ones back to Danny the original owner of the car, so he could use them on his new project. Finally lowered the front end (probably too low as the oil pan is about 2" off the ground... but man does it look great). First time out I took it to a local car show that had about 130 cars and it was a big hit. I won 1st place in the Pro Street category and also won Best Engine. Finally I won Best of Show! Not bad... three trophies on its first outing....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sinisterblue

Postby sinisterblue » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:44 am

Found a cool pic someone took of my car online at a Cruise-In last weekend in my hometown of Franklin Indiana
sinisterblue

Postby sinisterblue » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:25 am

It's been a long minute since I last posted an update on the car. After 10 years wearing satin black, VooDoo Vega is now Rasberry Blue.
sinisterblue

Previous

Return to Project Journals