73 Vega

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 73 Vega

Postby meangreen73vega » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:42 am

Well I got q bit of work done over the summer, not ad much as I had hoped but any progress at this point is good. I installed all new brakes on the front (and yes I'll upload some pics later). Made a new crossmember for the transmission and leftist for my dad to just drill a couple holes while I went back to town....well when I came back not only where they 2 sizes to big but they were on the wrong side and 1/2 inch out! :bang: :bang: :bang: so when I went back I had to make a new one. Welded it up got some of the holes drilled myself (in the right spot I might add), and all that was left was to get the guy next door to mill some slotted holes in it. Guess who called me tonight with some more bad news....he said my holes were 1/2 inch out...when I reminded him that my holes were correct and that the other side needed to be milled and all he just said was "oops, I'll get a new one made and call you tomorrow!" seriously how hard is it to drill some hole and follow some directions??? :evil: the guy who was doing the milling is a great guy and has a 67 Canso that he SHOWS and races! So I know it's not his fault. Then to top it off I tried the headers once more and made them fit...don't ask. So I painted them with high temp vht headers paint and told dad to bring them in the garage after they dry, well guess its my fault I should have brought them in, it rained on them that night and the following morning. I was already back home at the time and didn't know until a few days later. :bang: :bang:

Anyway was not a productive summer for the car, but I did build a new fence, a 10x14 cedar deck, tore down my carport, and have applied for a permit to build my OWN garage!

Sorry if it seems more like a vent then an update.....
Drive, break, repair...repeat!

72 Vega, 350 ZZ4, patriot heads, air gap intake, 750 dbl pump...power glide...
meangreen73vega

1973 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Postby ironwillsv8vega » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:16 am

Keep the faith, man. That's gonna be a sweet ride.... :th:
1982 Yamaha XJ1100 Maxim--Restored
1985 Honda Goldwing
1973 VW Super Beetle--Restored
1995 Mits Eclipse GST Turbo--Daily Driver
1973 Chevy Vega 350/350 (under construction)
ironwillsv8vega

1973 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Postby NixVegaGT » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:59 pm

There's nothing quite as terrifying as cutting into a perfectly good panel. LOL! STaying tuned.
- Nic '73 Vega GT "DogBoxx" Batwing LS1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2357894
NixVegaGT

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby gmagilla » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:48 pm

To bad ya had to cut the rear quarters , allmost looked like the paint coulda been buffed out , I would love to figure a way to paint mine so it would look like the old paint .
gmagilla

Previous

Return to Project Journals