Help to post pics of LS install

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Help to post pics of LS install

Postby RONS PROVEGA » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:54 pm

RONS PROVEGA wrote:Hey, stinkybutt....Is it true that when you get out of your car that your seat smells like your butt, you know, stinky smellin butt hole? :D

stinkybutt, slinkybutt or my butt is a stinkybutt! :th:
....No, but seriously, stinkybutt!!
Ron

'72 Vega GT, 388 chevy stroker (500 HP), TH350 (3800 stall), Ford 9" (4.11 & spools)
RONS PROVEGA

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby stinkybutt » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:15 pm

i don't think my butt smells. KC says otherwise.
She's allowed.
She gave me the nickname, it stuck like a wet fart touches cloth.

Aleck
This car is Kelly's daily driver.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/ ... elsup2.jpg
11.38@118
60' 1.47
stinkybutt

1977 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby MachoPoncho » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:58 am

great setup what pan and engine mounts are you running
MachoPoncho

Postby stinkybutt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Oil Pan is a Somers, I think Canton makes them.I think the GM conversion oil pan kit is the way to go. Cheaper and cast aluminum. The motor mounts are home made. To keep the stock heater box I had to move the tranny mount ahead 1" from the location I used for the Gen1 engine. This gives about 1/4" from Valve cover to heater box.
Check out ...LS1.com.

Aleck
11.38@118
60' 1.47
stinkybutt

1977 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzaaddict » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:37 pm

The exhaust manifolds are from an LS truck, I had to cut the flanges off and make my own tapered pipes. We used stainless. I'll post pics tomorrow(Thanks Monzaaddict). I'll remove one manifold to take the pics. The manifolds are for this summer, as I don't have time to build headers. KC wants her sand car finished for May. We play on the atv's and soon the sand car over at Silver Lake Michigan.

Did you have to modify the exhaust manifold flanges because of interference?
Would the original steering shaft fit wiith the manifolds or were the universals required for clearance?
How about if the manifold shields were removed?
monzaaddict

Postby 80 MONZTA » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:21 pm

monzaaddict wrote:
The exhaust manifolds are from an LS truck, I had to cut the flanges off and make my own tapered pipes. We used stainless. I'll post pics tomorrow(Thanks Monzaaddict). I'll remove one manifold to take the pics. The manifolds are for this summer, as I don't have time to build headers. KC wants her sand car finished for May. We play on the atv's and soon the sand car over at Silver Lake Michigan.

Would the original steering shaft fit wiith the manifolds or were the universals required for clearance?

Here is a pic of "The Flying Turd" Schwartz Vega. He used Trailblazer manifolds. I just bought a set from a Trailblazer, but find it odd that the pass side outlet is a smidge over 2 1/2" but the driver side is only 2 1/8" :? I am not too concerned with it, just kind of weird to me.
Schwartz Vega.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeRoy
1980 Monza, 305/Th350 removed for LS1/T-56 swap, can't wait to :burn: My Project
80 MONZTA

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzaaddict » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:19 am

80 MONZTA wrote:
monzaaddict wrote:

Here is a pic of "The Flying Turd" Schwartz Vega. He used Trailblazer manifolds. I just bought a set from a Trailblazer, but find it odd that the pass side outlet is a smidge over 2 1/2" but the driver side is only 2 1/8" :? I am not too concerned with it, just kind of weird to me.
Schwartz Vega.jpg

Aleck isn't using trailblazer manifolds. He is using manifolds from a full size truck silverado/tahoe/escalade.
monzaaddict

Postby 80 MONZTA » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:47 pm

monzaaddict wrote:Aleck isn't using trailblazer manifolds. He is using manifolds from a full size truck silverado/tahoe/escalade.

:rolleyes: I was just pointing out that no mods are needed to the steering shaft if you use Trailblazer, instead of the truck manifolds.
I suppose it is good to know what Aleck did to the full size ones to get them to fit though. I have a set of the cast iron F-body manifolds, the passenger side would need to have a bunch of the flange cut off and the stud moved inward so it won't hit the inner fender. (even then I am not positive it will fit) But damn, those F-body mani's are butt-ugly with the emission ports on them.
LeRoy
1980 Monza, 305/Th350 removed for LS1/T-56 swap, can't wait to :burn: My Project
80 MONZTA

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 73gto » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:55 am

The original engine mount plates were gone when i got it, i've shifted the mounts around and this is as close as i can get.not much but i think it will work. They are suppose to be camaro manifolds. The engine is about 1 1/2 in. to the pass. side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
73gto

Postby stinkybutt » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 am

The steering shaft was moved to give more room to fit headers when I get time to build them. This way I can also dyno the car with diferent combos. I have straight pipe from the manifolds to the 3 chamber mufflers. I plan on installing an X pipe to see what changes in A/F and power is made. Also later I hope to try a dual plane manifold and diferent cams.
I'm taking the camera to the shop to-day and I'll put up a few more pics.

Aleck
11.38@118
60' 1.47
stinkybutt

1977 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzaaddict » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:49 am

pics
monzaaddict

Postby monzaaddict » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 am

Aleck, could the manifolds have been used unmodified or did you have to modify the manifolds to make them work?
If they interfered was it with the frame rail or the firewall?
monzaaddict

Postby stinkybutt » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Not a chance. I made the manifolds to fit the car. I'll probably sell them after I build the headers.
Aleck
11.38@118
60' 1.47
stinkybutt

1977 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby stinkybutt » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:56 pm

I forgot to add that these manifolds will fit with the factory manual steering box and shaft. I put the extra u-joint in for extra header room.
Aleck
11.38@118
60' 1.47
stinkybutt

1977 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzaaddict » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:33 am

if you send your pics to monzaaddict at lycos dot com I will resize them and post here.
monzaaddict

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals