1975 Vega project

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

1975 Vega project

Postby Donahue Racing » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:25 pm

My dad is giving me his 1975 Vega. well,its been mine since i was kid! this thing used to be fast,and my dad has a lotta stories about this thing.
some how i wonder why the police never impounded it :?: but im glad they didnt,cuz itll be an honor to get this thing back on the road.
its been sitting for 15 years,good chance that the motor is seized ,the windshield has been busted out for a few years, so the inside fills up with snow every year.i was told its pretty solid, except for a few rust bubbles on the bottoms of the doors. it has a 350 sbc,and im not sure what automatic transmission it has.
my plans are to completly gut it, have it dipped to removed all the rust and get it down to bare metal, spray it with primer. rebuild all the suspension,install a s10 blazer rear axel (has disk brakes,) s10 front spindels.rebuild the 350. i was told the trans is good. i want staggard centerline rims , i hope i can fit 265/75 /15 on there ( i think thats the size, its 265 on a 15in rim) .. i want yellow paint with black stripes, or red paint, maybe black .
for the interior , i want all black.

this is the only pic i have of it for now

only thing i can do now while im in hawaii is round up some S10 parts (spindels,slotted rotors,brake lines, bushing kits,carburetor ect) get small stuff and ship it home. i hope to be home around june. gotta get the house ready for winter and get a garage put up so we can keep the vehicles out of the weather.

heres another project i got waiting , its a 67 kaiser jeep truck (same as a gladiator). transmission needs replaced, it has one in the bed! stock tornado motor,3 spd on the column.
Donahue Racing

Re: 1975 Vega project

Postby Donahue Racing » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:32 pm

is there any sites that sell reproduction panels? im afraid the floor will have some rust, and the bottom of the doors have rust bubbles.
im also expecting the fuel tank will be full of water and rust / gunk. ive been there and done that crap before, its just easier to replace the fuel tank :wink:
Donahue Racing

Return to Project Journals