1977 Chevy Vega Motion Clone

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

1977 Chevy Vega Motion Clone

Postby motionwannabe » Sun May 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Heres a few pics of our project car. My dad and I bought it to build for my baby boy for when he gets older.This is the way we bought it.ImageImage
ImageImage

We bought all the parts to do the 5 lug front conversion.We put Iroc Z cargo control springs under the rear. We bought new front and rear sway bars. Patriot 4" side pipes, a new FiberConcepts 4 inch tall L88 Motion glass hood. Also 3.73 gears, a Muncie 4spd.,a ZZ4 350 crate engine, new fenders that we found at a local dealership that was closing,a correct style rear spoiler, new Cragar S/S wheels and a new set of black seat covers.
Currently the car has a 305 thats bored .20 over with a .488 lift cam, Pete Jackson (noisy)gear drive, Holley 650, heads were cut and ported. The trans is a 350 turbo with reverse manual valve body.The current paint job NEEDS redone BAD!!! I have a 1977 Camaro thats a Motion Clone and I can't stand how poorly the stripes on this poor Vega were done.We plan to paint it Hugger Orange with black Motion stripes. Heres a few pics of my Camaro before it was all reassembledImageImage :th:
motionwannabe

Re: 1977 Chevy Vega Motion Clone

Postby motionwannabe » Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 pm

We put all new suspension components and 5lug conversion as well as side pipes on the vega last weekend . Heres some pics
ImageImage
ImageImage
Next we will be changing the motor and trans and getting it ready for new fenders rh quarter and inferno orange paint with black Motion stripes :th:
motionwannabe

Return to Project Journals