My wedding gift to my new husband

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

My wedding gift to my new husband

Postby V8Chick » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:50 pm

I couldn't post this before, since he gets on this website, and this was supposed to be a surprise. Well, cat's out of the bag! :) We got married last Friday, and I presented his gift to him on Saturday at the reception. Back in early July, I purchased a 1975 Monza Town Coupe with a 262 and, unfortunately, and automatic. I was unable to find a stickshift within my price range and a reasonable distance away.

Here is the album documenting my work to it, including swapping the faded, sunrotted tan interior over to black. They are in reverse order, so if you start at the end and work backwards, it will show the progression:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v26/s ... 0to%20Jay/

I was slightly evil, and presented it to him by showing him the pictures of the progression prior to giving him the keys, as I wanted him to know that I didn't just buy him a car, but worked on making the car better and more presentable for the past 4 months.

He's already got plans and more parts ordered to improve it even more. I'm sure he can fill you in better as to his plans and the progression from here on out.
V8Chick

Re: My wedding gift to my new husband

Postby V8Chick » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:55 pm

V8Chick

Postby Brian » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:59 pm

That's awesome. Your husband is a lucky man.

I've been hoping for the last 22 years that my wife would surprise me with a 1968 Firebird.

Hasn't happened yet even though I've surprised her with a motorcycle (which she had to give up after being diagnosed with epilepsy) and am now working on getting her a Corvette.
Then came the churches, then came the schools
Then came the lawyers, then came the rules
Then came the trains and the trucks with their loads
And the dirty old track was the Telegraph Road.
Brian

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby gonecheenin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Yep - Best Wedding gift EVER!!!!!! :th:

I would be the lucky new husband as refered too above, and I even read a couple posts on here from her without realizing who it was posting (actually read one right too her! LOL)

I knew my new wife was a cool chick before this, which was one of the many reasons why I married her! But with this one she even went over & above my own expectations!!

Thank you Katey, and may the rest of our lives together be this memorable! :wink:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'75 Monza Coupe V8 4.3 "Work in progress"
'78 Monza Coupe V6 3.8 "Parts car"
gonecheenin

Postby rtm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:57 pm

good starting point for a cool project
mine needs paint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rtm

1976 Chevrolet Monza Towne Coupe

Postby Wizeguyrc » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Nice.
Wizeguyrc

Postby 1100kaw » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Lucky man, Cool wife. Best wishes on your new life together. But, wow. she set the bar high for herself. lol
Darrell
Darrell
72 Vega GT LS
69 Skylark Wagon BBC
1100kaw

Postby gmagilla » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:17 am

gonecheenin wrote:
I would be the lucky new husband as refered too above, and I even read a couple posts on here from her without realizing who it was posting (actually read one right too her! LOL)

Thats funny , how did she keep a straight face on that one ?

Hope you have a long life together !
gmagilla

Postby V8Chick » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:19 pm

LOL! I was actually freaking out, I was afraid that he would recognize that it was me... some of the things that I posted were literally stated the exact way that he had stated them to me as I was learning about these cars...

As far as lucky, I don't think that luck has anything to do with it, he deserves it. :D BTW, my wedding gift from him was basement stairs, we didn't have any, had to go outside to get to the garage (so now I can go see him gazing at his new car without having to go out in the cold...lol), and he's going to help me finish my 1978 F150 restoration.

The Monza is a good starting point, but I'm still looking for that 'Barn-find Mirage' with 15K miles on it....I know it's out there somewhere...
V8Chick

Postby Brian » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:42 pm

V8Chick wrote:The Monza is a good starting point, but I'm still looking for that 'Barn-find Mirage' with 15K miles on it....I know it's out there somewhere...

There was a MIrage locally on Craigslist about a year ago that was in great shape for only $1000

I was way too slow to respond to that one.
Then came the churches, then came the schools
Then came the lawyers, then came the rules
Then came the trains and the trucks with their loads
And the dirty old track was the Telegraph Road.
Brian

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Return to Project Journals