1977 Vega Kammback

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 1977 Vega Kammback

Postby CaptainPainn » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:41 pm

The tunnel ram came in end of August. I couldn't figure out why the carb was at such an angle, and adjusted the transmission up to make up the difference. Found out i had the top part backwards lol. The bottom casting of the runners is larger than the top, and will need to be ported. I robbed the cool steering shaft out of my Skyhawk. Wasn't as simple a swap as i thought it would be. The steering box shafts were different sizes and the steering column shafts were also different. Swapped the steering box shafts after figuring out it was easy to do so. I wanted to keep the original steering column tube in the Skyhawk, so i changed the shaft and upper housing. It was a PITA to change everything over, but the Skyhawk keeps its tube and it beats an $80 Borgeson UV joint. I need to get some other carb scoops to mock up, but i don't think i will be going with the Hilborne style.
I'm going back to Chicago next week to take an eye test. As long as i pass it, i'll spend my next 4 years as a mechanic in the U.S. Army.
10014290_888217957938511_7696410938736411580_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CaptainPainn on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainPainn

1977 Chevrolet Vega

Re: 1977 Vega Kammback

Postby Monza Harry » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:42 pm

CaptainPainn wrote: I'm going back to Chicago next week to take an eye test. As long as I pass it, I'll spend my next 4 years as a mechanic in the U.S. Army.

Now Captain make sure you study! :lol: Sorry I couldn't help myself. And Thank You for considering a life "In Service" without which none of us would have what we do! :patriot: :canada: (The only "Emo's" with a salute) And be SAFE! Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Previous

Return to Project Journals