3800 Supercharged Astre

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 3800 Supercharged Astre

Postby burnouts&rotorblades » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:16 am

I haven't seen a video of that beast making vroom vroom noises. Am I missing something?

vegastre wrote:Thanks, not up to your production standards but hey, a fast video on YouTube is just too handy for me to document and further explain a rather unusual build.

I'm just a goober in the garage with a lot of spare time. At this point I've made more bad videos than good. To be honest, I still have a ton to learn. Thanks for the kind words though!
burnouts&rotorblades

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby vegastre » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:19 am

page 7

This is basically the first start up. Sort of amazed it fired right up but that's the beauty of a computer. Visually, the coolest thing to watch in the video is the dual serpentine belt and all the pulleys spinning in coordination and of course the whine of the Blower. Everything looks busy and loud and rough around the edges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj76BgYsZ6g
Phil Kennedy~
72 Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback
75 Pontiac Astre SJ Safari Wagon
vegastre

1975 Pontiac Astre SJ

Postby burnouts&rotorblades » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:30 pm

That powerplant package is perfect for these little cars. If I could come to terms with losing that sweet V8 rumble, I'd probably have a supercharged V6 or something similar like you have there. That is an awesome car!
burnouts&rotorblades

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Previous

Return to Project Journals