74 Kammback

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

74 Kammback

Postby 383VEGA » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Just brought home a new toy. My wife is not especially pleased that I brought another H-body home, but she understands, I think. This was mostly restored by an older friend of mine, but when he tried to put it on the road, he discovered the rear frame was rusted badly and it would not pass inspection. He had already done a lot of body work, put on new paint, exhaust, brakes, shocks, and springs so he did not want to sink any more money into it repairing the frame. He needed room in his garage for other projects so he offered the Kammback to me. It is an original automatic car with AC and power steering and everything works except the AC. It has no belt on the compressor, so I imagine it has not been charged for years. It has never been cut or modified in any way. I have not put it in my garage yet to look under it. Can't wait to look at it to see how bad it really is. I just immediately told him yes when he offered it to me. When I got it home and unloaded it from the trailer, I took it for a spin up the road. It runs and goes really well. I was giggling all the way. You see, my first car when I got my driver's license was a 74 Vega sedan automatic, so this really took me back down memory lane. When I tried the horn it even sounded just like my original car. I was so overwhelmed with flashback memories that I was laughing out loud with tears running down my face. Partly because I was laughing so hard. Partly because of the rush of overwhelming memories. This little car sure hit a soft spot with me. I have always had a passion for these cars, but I did not expect to be so affected on my first drive. Oh well, part of the H-body spell over us I guess.

The 46 Willy's Jeep CJ-2 in the picture came from the same guy - sort of a package deal. Not sure what I am going to do with the Jeep, but it came with the Vega, so I could not turn it down.

If I can figure out how to attach some more pics. easily, I'll post them. Is there a quick easy way to resize and upload pics? These were quite a chore for me to resize, but it worked. My pics. are all about 9MB files from my Droid phone.

1.jpg
2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick H.

1974 Vega Kammback Wagon (new to me), stock 140ci, automatic, AC
1974 Vega GT Drag Car w/ 427 SBC, Powerglide
1980 Sunbird w/ 231 Buick V6, 4 speed
1999 Z28 Convertible w/ LS1, Auto
383VEGA

Re: 74 Kammback

Postby zeke » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:40 pm

I have my phone automatically sync my cam pictures with my google plus account. Then I download the thumbnail (smaller pic) from there, it's usually under 250 kb. Set your G+ account to upload pics at 2mb and it doesn't count against your account total either.

Ah... that first drive buzz! :D
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: 74 Kammback

Postby 383VEGA » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:12 am

Thanks for the suggestion on the pics. I will look into that.
Rick H.

1974 Vega Kammback Wagon (new to me), stock 140ci, automatic, AC
1974 Vega GT Drag Car w/ 427 SBC, Powerglide
1980 Sunbird w/ 231 Buick V6, 4 speed
1999 Z28 Convertible w/ LS1, Auto
383VEGA

Return to Project Journals