1976 Skyhawk w/ Astroroof Restoration Project

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 1976 Skyhawk w/ Astroroof Restoration Project

Postby RedFiveKBS » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:14 am

We need to see some pictures of this thing!
RedFiveKBS

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby LeeH » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:31 pm

The weather here has gotten better so I'll be getting on that soon! I also have some old photos of the Skyhawk from when the paint was completely intact that I need to scan (or try to take a picture of with a phone, just something to get an image of it).
LeeH

Postby cjbiagi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:47 am

Not sure exactly what you have but generally speaking trim is not responsible for sealing out water, it's strictly cosmetic.
I
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby LeeH » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:03 pm

I'm not really going to get to the source of the leak til I start pulling out the interior, I think.
I looked up some more in depth info on leaks in the H Body cars and I see a bunch of places that it may be coming from rather than the trim; again, I won't know til I get up in there and start removing stuff. I just suspected the trim because it definitely needs replacing, the glass looks and feels the same way it always did, and the leak reminds me of every car I've ever seen with a headliner leak that had old plastic or rubber trim that separated away from the roof, leaving a tiny pinhole somewhere for water to pass into. BUT since this car has a different type of roof from what I am accustomed to, it is most likely not exactly the same scenario at play and probably is coming from a different location.
LeeH

Previous

Return to Project Journals