voltage leak? -solved-sort of..

Moderator: Moderators

Re: voltage leak? -solved-sort of..

Postby stage169 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Hopefully someone will and numbers wise for 78 Chevy around 11k had that option.

Not sure on the diode, 937 goes to the oil light on a guage car and then to the temp/press light on a non gauge car. 937 needs to go to ground for the oil or temp/press lights to come on.

So if the car is running (or just in RUN) but there is no oil pressure then 39 on the oil light (which is hot) can get to ground through the diode because there is no oil pressure or power on 31. Oil light ON.

I guess the diode is there (under normal conditions car running and oil pressure) for the temp switch incase it goes to ground so there is no short from 31 to 937. That should only be a non-gauge car. TEMP/Press light ON.

Don't hold me too it :P

I was looking at my dash and the light has temp/press on it even though I have a temp gauge. I was guessing that if you have a temp sender then you wouldn't have the temp switch but maybe that is wrong. If that is the case then both the guage and non-gauge cars need that diode.

As far as the transistors if you can remove them from the circuit you can get a good idea if they will work just with a multimeter check. I'm curious what it actually looks like in the box. The schematic may show a good example of the circuit but physically it may be a whole different story in the box. If you open it take some pictures. Brian
stage169

Previous

Return to Electrical and Wiring