Water temp sensor and water temp sender info needed.

Moderator: Moderators

Water temp sensor and water temp sender info needed.

Postby TeamEvil » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:29 pm

I want to replace both the water temp SENDER for the gauge, located in the corner of the intake manifold next to the EGR valve, AND the water temp SENSOR for the idiot light located on the passenger's side of the engine on my Dura-Built in my '76 GT. Would anyone have a source for these two parts? I've searched far and wide and asked on several Vega forums and come up dry. There are LOADS of one-size-fits-all components, numerous suggestions as to how one or two meant for a Nova might work, but one-size-fits-all NEVER seems to fit a Vega,

The SENDER has a threaded piece top with a nut, the SENSOR has a flat nail head top that takes a split plastic fastener. Hoping to find a SENDER and a SENSOR. They aren't the same piece, they perform very different functions. ANY help would be HUGE ! ! ! After an extremely frustrating two days I SEVERELY hope that someone who has actually swapped out their SENDER or SENSOR might chime in. SO tired of random suggestions, I'm hoping for some empirical knowledge from someone who has actually replaced these components and can help in locating the needed electrical parts specific to the VEGA GT Dura-Built engine. Thanks in advance !
TeamEvil

Re: Water temp sensor and water temp sender info needed.

Postby Smiley » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:13 pm

The threaded post sender for the gauge is listed for a 75, the nail head gauge sender is lister for a 76.

IMG_1983.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Smiley on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smiley

Postby Smiley » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:52 pm

The temp sensor/switch on the passenger side of the head should be a single flat spade, the slotted connector fits both the nail head and a flat terminal.

IMG_1985.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Smiley on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Smiley

Postby Smiley » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:42 pm

The slotted connector works for both connectors, for the light it connects to a single flat blade terminal.
Later cars with the factory low coolant sensor in the radiator have a module in the dash above the headlight switch
that turns on the temp light if the sensor switch is closed (260 degrees) or if the radiator sensor is not in coolant.

EACBBBD2-6742-4D23-999A-169030E91478.jpeg
Smiley

Return to Electrical and Wiring