Urethane torque arm bushing?

Moderator: Moderators

Urethane torque arm bushing?

Postby GermanMonza » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:29 am

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has ever bought this bushing set from energy suspension https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-3-3141g There's one bushing included that looks to me like it could be the torque arm bushing. Is it though? I don't have the parts here right now to compare, also pictures can be misleading.
GermanMonza

Re: Urethane torque arm bushing?

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:47 pm

That is the torque arm bushing but the thing I don't like about that is because the torque arm and lower control arms swing on different arcs you need some flexibility in the bushing to prevent binding. It may be slight but but over time it could cause some issue. I am not a big fan of poly bushings anyway, if ride quality is of any concern I would stick with new rubber ones. If you need help getting bushings let me know.......... cjbiagi@yahoo.com
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby GermanMonza » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:45 am

Thanks Clyde, I'll get back to you when the time comes!
GermanMonza

Postby Monza Harry » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:15 am

Thanx Clyde I seen that one in my kit and I wondered what it was, as it doesn't look like the original, like at all! I agree with Clyde on that one bushing for that bind/stressing it will cause, and for performance the torque arm bushing should be softer, not firmer as you lower aspect ratio on your tires their compliance (shock absorbing qualities) is reduced and the torque arm needs to absorb the shock or it will break the tires loose easier. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby GermanMonza » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:01 am

Yeah that makes sense, guess I'll get the rubber bushing from Clyde. Actually, Clyde, now might be a good time to order it. Rear end is going back in soon as it's painted and the torque arm is modified to fit the Camaro midsection.
GermanMonza

Postby Bubbabigblokwingnut » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:30 pm

Germanmonza what modifications were made to the torque arm ? I'm looking for ideas . I planned on using the Vega torque arm and modifying the front section . The pinion angle is unknown to me and I need what degree that is as well at the factory ride height .
LS swap with a 4l65e , rear end is Coswotrh Vega housing with 2000 s10 internals . POWER by ACE mounts fbody aluminum drive shaft . THANKS
Bubbabigblokwingnut

Return to Transmission and Driveline Tech