New to Forum, Introduction

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

New to Forum, Introduction

Postby NoseDive » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:50 am

Hey everyone...

I've always wanted to do a Kammback V8, nothing overkill, just something fun to cruise in, and just picked up a 74 Kammback. It included a Don Hardy V8 kit, new spindles/brakes from an S10, and in decent shape. I plan to strip it down and get some decent paint on it, then rewire with a Ron Francis kit and drop an SBC, perhaps an LS, with possibly a Tremec 5-speed.

I'm glad to find this forum and to see some current posts, however, many of the posts I've checked out for ideas are either really old (pics don't show) or the links don't work. So I may ask questions you've seen a few times already, I just ask you to bear with me. I'm not the kind to spend 2 hours searching topics only to hit multiple dead ends, so if asking a bunch of questions you've already seen bugs you... sorry, not sorry. lol

74VegaKamm-01.jpg

It seems tubbing it is a bit of work that I'm not sure I want to get into, so maybe just fit what I can for wheels/tires. I'm not a drag racer, so mostly likely not a Pro-Street build...
Good to meet you... hope to share some project pics soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NoseDive

Re: New to Forum, Introduction

Postby BadBowtie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:08 pm

Welcome to the forum, everyone here is extremely helpful! Without tubs you can fit quite a bit of tire but you sacrifice tire height, take a look at http://forums.h-body.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=43361&start=105 I think he's got the most tire and got the car sitting down low too. Most people wind up with a 195-225 up front and a 205-255 rear (225 up front and 255 rear you need to watch the offset and more than 4.5" offset you need to watch tie rod clearance). The wheel and tire thread is good but it really depends on your axle width and available offsets.

If theres issues with photobucket pictures you can use a photobucket fix in chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... apbifiaedg

Dig the wagon, looks like a great start!
James

1975 Vega GT sbc, Microsquirt w/Edelbrock MPFI, M21 4-speed and Ford 9"
BadBowtie

1975 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby hammerdown7 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:19 pm

Welcome to the site, tons of information and helpful people here but if you have any questions it may take a day or two for replies. Facebook gets more attention today but several folks check back here often. The Kammback looks like a great starting point.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby NoseDive » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:54 am

Thanks... yes, I saw it was pretty slow here and figured it would be hit or miss.

I'll be sure to search threads before asking too many questions, but will be curious what others have done to get some ideas.

thanks!
NoseDive

Postby hammerdown7 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:47 am

The 'Project Journals' is a good place to start, lots of different projects.

Dick

P.S. I should have added the 'General Discussion' area is probably the best place to ask questions, it gets the most activity.
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby NoseDive » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:24 am

This site seems like it has a lot of info, but so many posts start on a project then die out and you don't get to see the final verdict on a mod being done! lol

I'm just starting to get some ideas together, I have to get the new engine/trans in my other car first, then I can get to work planning on the Vega build a little at a time.
NoseDive

Postby Diesel Dan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:37 pm

NoseDive wrote: but so many posts start on a project then die out and you don't get to see the final verdict on a mod being done! lol

Mine is one of those!
700 mile job transfer, built new house....the usual. At least it's stored inside now.
1980 Monza Town Coupe
5.0L/auto
Diesel Dan

Postby NoseDive » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:35 am

I stole Speedphreake's photo to create a render of what I'm looking for with the Kammback. Love the stance, had to find a car sitting at a similar angle so this is just a mock up.
Vegarender.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NoseDive

Return to Project Journals