h-bodies in movies site. Where?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

h-bodies in movies site. Where?

Postby monzajer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Hey gang, I saw a movie, "Hear no evil, Speak no evil", Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor, and saw a Monza, '79/'80 and was just wanting to check to see if it was listed. I am sure it is, it was quite obvious, but wanted to check anyway. Also, there is a real quick shot of a yellow Monza, in the background, in "Christine". There is also a real quick shot of a Monza in the background in the movie "Weird Science". The guys in a mall parking lot. The camera is on Michael Anthony Hall ( you can see the Monza in the background) then it turns to ??? and then back to Michael, but the Monza is not there any longer. Obviously, they did a retake and the Monza had left.

I always check out the background in those era movies, just in case. Sometimes kinda fun to see some of the cars. See quite a few Chevettes and Pintos.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys can direct me to the site that lists Monzas in it. I know we have seen it before. I did kind of a quick search, but couldn't find the one I am lookin for.

Thanks in advance.

cheers, jer :mrgreen:
monzajer

1977 Chevrolet Monza Sport Hatchback

Re: h-bodies in movies site. Where?

Postby marco_1978_spyder » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:35 pm

I dont know the site. I just saw a Vega in a documentary on suburban sprawl.

"The Shining" starts on a dark colored monza ..after the credits the camera backs away from a dark colored monza and shows the hotel..
1978 Monza Spyder V8 4speed, posi
1978 Sunbird Formula V6, 5 Speed, Hatchback
1980 Sunbird Hatchback 4cyl, 4spd.
2006 Chevrolet Aveo 5 speed Hatchback
Yes, you can refer to me as Mark
Please visit my blog... http://chevymonza.blogspot.com/ Follow if you like!
Featuring special guests; Carl Beraytor and Ray D'atore

My Red spyder now has a youtube channel please Like and Subscribe!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzzSR ... ISuing7KLA
marco_1978_spyder
Senior Moderator

Postby HI WINDING MONZA » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:58 pm

My Old Monza now lives in Arizona with its newest owner.

The 90's just keep rollin' along........
1990 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab Long Bed 350 TBI V8 700R4 118K miles
1992 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe 2.0 OHC MPFI I4 TH125C 157k miles
HI WINDING MONZA

Postby monzajer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:17 am

Thats the one. Thanks Doug. :th: :th:

cheers, jer :mrgreen:
monzajer

1977 Chevrolet Monza Sport Hatchback

Postby mahoy78spyder » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:32 am

This was actually fun... it had been awhile since I had been on that site and it has been updated considerably since I last viewed it. LOTS of H-bodies out there. I eventually ran across this below. James Garner owned this Monza???

The caption below is says, "Garner (middle) smiles for the camera with Guldstrand (right) and Mel Bunnell, along with the Mel Bunnell Chevrolet '76 Freedom Flyer Monza, a street-legal road-race car owned by Garner for which Guldstrand did the prep work (1975). "Chevrolet liked working with Jim, even if he was driving a Pontiac Firebird in The Rockford Files. He is just such a great guy," Guldstrand laughs."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby tinsfci » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:17 am

Thanks for sharing that Garner/Guldstrand Monza
Where did you find the pic and info?

This Monza was on the cover on Car Craft in december 1975 :
CarCraft_dec_1975.jpg

The article says nothing about James garner though, it (at that time) belongs to a Dan Bruno
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tinsfci

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby mahoy78spyder » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Yeah, that's what threw me off too. I've owned that particular Car Craft for years and while I've not actually "read" the article in some time, I never remembered it saying anything about James Garner at all. Thanks for answering my question about that since I am traveling and can't pull the magazine out of my collection to reread it. Pretty cool heritage I suppose.... a famous H-body owned by a famous actor. Not too shabby. :th:
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

Postby tinsfci » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 am

Thanks, but where did YOU find the James Garner pic and text?

mahoy78spyder wrote:The caption below is says, "Garner (middle) smiles for the camera with Guldstrand (right) and Mel Bunnell, along with the Mel Bunnell Chevrolet '76 Freedom Flyer Monza, a street-legal road-race car owned by Garner for which Guldstrand did the prep work (1975). "Chevrolet liked working with Jim, even if he was driving a Pontiac Firebird in The Rockford Files. He is just such a great guy," Guldstrand laughs."
tinsfci

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Dick73Vega » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 pm

My Vega (and me) were in the movie Contact in the crowd scene (remember the Vega car club ?) . That scene and a few others were filmed in three days at George Air Force base in Victorville CA. I still have the t-shirt they gave the movie extras after the filming was done .
"There comes a time in every man's life and I've had many of them" Casey Stengel
Dick73Vega

Postby mahoy78spyder » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:33 am

I found it on Vetteweb.com. It started out as a simple search on imcdb.com, then that let to something else... and then that led to something else... and so on... until I came across that website. :lol:
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

Postby virginvegapanel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:31 pm

There is also a Vega wagon, and a hatchback on "Up in Smoke". Also watch the movies "Used Cars", and "Over the Edge". In Used Cars, there is a '76 hatchback sitting in Royal's lot next to a Monza. His brother acrossed the street has a '73 hatchback, and a '72 GT on his lot. I also actually spotted a Monza in The Outsiders- Look closely in the fight scene at the diner, at the beginning of the movie; right when the cops pull up to break up the fight, when the passenger cop gets out, look behind him, and you'll briefly see the roof of the brown Monza sitting next to a few other cars toward the street.
virginvegapanel

Postby vegagtfan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:15 pm

China Syndrome there is a brown 71-72 Vega that gets rolled and in Stop Or My mom Will Shoot there is a blue 71-72 Vega Hatchback parked along side the steet

Travis
vegagtfan

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby mldeolde » Wed May 02, 2012 7:36 pm

that's the same early style body work as mine. it seems that later production runs added the slits between the headlights. must have determined more cooling air was needed in that crampted engine compartment.
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby bbcowboy » Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 am

I wanted to wake up an old thread here, I just wanted to give you all a heads up, today I am headed out on location with my Cosworth Vega #1044 for driving scene. I will give more info on the movie and possibly some photos from behind the scenes.
I also, had my Cosworth Vega #3509 on the set of Contact. I did not get any photos from that project.
Byron

Cosworth Vega #0756 (IMSA inspired CV)
Cosworth Vega #1044
bbcowboy

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby stage169 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:42 am

Man I hate it when people here tease us like this! :lol:

IMSA Vega in a new movie or will it be your other CV? Looking forward to the rest of the story, hope you can get some pics. Brian
stage169

Next

Return to General Discussion