looking for a Monza roller

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

looking for a Monza roller

Postby srcracing » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:52 am

New to the group. I live in south Florida, but next weekend, I will be flying to Akron, Oh. to drive a vintage race car hauler back to Fla. I was wondering if anyone knows of a 75-80 Monza hatchback shell for sale? I does need a complete car, since I am going to build a Pro Touring, Auto X Dekon Monza. Not worried about floor pans, since I am putting the shell on to a 1989 C4 vette chassis. I can take either I77 to I95 route or I75 route back, so I can cover a couple different states. Let me know if anyone has or knows of something for sale. Thanks. Picture for motivation!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
srcracing

Re: looking for a Monza roller

Postby classic_cruiser » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:41 pm

This one just popped up on Craigslist yesterday, might be a contender for what you are looking for:
https://winchester.craigslist.org/pts/d/romney-1977-chevy-monza-spyder/7393303004.html

I've not seen it in person though. Looks complete minus drivetrain, but I see some evidence of wetness on the carpet. I can't quite tell from the supplied pics.
1980 Pontiac Sunbird, 2.5L Notchback Coupe
1979 Pontiac Sunbird with transplanted Monza 305, notchback coupe
classic_cruiser

Postby srcracing » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:44 pm

Thanks for the leads, I found a 1977 Buick Skyhawk in South Carolina. Mainly stripped out roller, but roof, hatch, and rear quarters seem to be rust free. Some small holes in floor board, which I am cutting out anyway to mount to the C4 chassis. If anyone is looking for a front and rear suspension, firewall, and floor pans let me know. Probably won't be able to start on this this Christmas time, but who knows....
srcracing

Postby themonzalady » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:20 am

Can't help you with a fastback, but do have a 1975 town coupe.....
themonzalady

Return to General Discussion