power steering pump

Moderator: Moderators

power steering pump

Postby mldeolde » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:10 pm

has any one ever used a electric power steering pump on one of our h bodies??? with the front engine mounts on my IMSA it sure would save me a lot of fabrication if one would work. been looking at one from a citiron cv4 from a guy in England who has told me that they use them a lot on race cars over there. :?: :idea: :bang: . i can see now why they say power steering wont work with this set up. every thing bolls up fine,tho the steering shaft is a little too long for the new CPP power steering box. a lttle cutting and a new universal joint will take care of that. now the mounting of a traditional sbc power steering pump or even a new remote resivore type pump is going to be a real PITA to say the least. PS: my brother has been telling me for years that I probably wouldn't live long enough to finnish this car and at 68 yrs old im beginning to believe him. at the very least its turning into my lifes work :bang: :dance:
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Re: power steering pump

Postby Kenova » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:41 pm

I have seen Volvo remote power steering pumps used.

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Postby mldeolde » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:36 am

this is the price you pay for getting old. the car has a perfectly working manual steering set up but at my age now ,68 yrs,. there is no way im going to man handle this car with such wide tires at least and enjoy driving it. ahh for being young and strong again instead of old and crafty. :bang:
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby hammerdown7 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Barry Connally has put electric PS on his Cosworth and reviewed a lot of the work he did on the Cosworth Vega Owners Facebook group. It is a private group but I can suggest for you to be a member by listing your email address and you will be notified. Then under the search area list 'power steering' and the thread will be listed. I'll try and post the thread here but I don't know if that will work.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1644102 ... SEARCH_BOX
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech