Rear suspesion 4 link

Moderator: Moderators

Rear suspesion 4 link

Postby larrym » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:11 pm

Hi guys
I have been struggling trying to find pictures of reinforcement for my upper arms.
I know they need to be welded but how have people been bracing them?
My lowers are tied to a kmember that is part of my roll bar.
With the spool in the car my diff shifts on tight turns on our return road its like the passenger side walks forward.
When I get to the pits I jack the car up and as soon as the weight is off the tires everything spring back into place.
I have UMI adjustable control arms and all I can think of is flex in the upper mounts.
I plan to drop the diff in the new year and fix and reinforce all the mounting points.

I run a little 3.8 turbo from a GN I also find my car hates slicks its all over on drag radials its fine nice and straight.

Any help is appreciated!
larrym

Re: Rear suspesion 4 link

Postby cosvega76 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:40 am

Can you post any photos?

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby larrym » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:11 pm

cosvega76 wrote:Can you post any photos?

Chuck

I will get some pics together in the new year when I drop the diff, I'm actually looking to see how guys reinforced the upper arms mounts on the body.
I will document what I find and see what I can figure out I realize most guys convert to a 3 link with a pan hard bar.
Might replace all my bushings back there while its apart. If I get creative I will show how I solve my problems I had considered a diagonal link but that would probably only compound the way things are binding up.
larrym

Postby larrym » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:24 pm

So I found a loose arm on my ARB and I have welded up the factory seams on my upper mount don't laugh to hard at my mig skills... Has any one tried f body upper coilover mounts ?
https://www.foundersperformance.com/pro ... 8d115eb4b3
larrym

Return to Suspension, Steering, & Brakes Tech