Going back together...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Going back together...

Postby mldeolde » Thu May 21, 2009 9:41 am

who supplied the air dam ? WAS IT ACTUALLY A MADE FOR MONZA PIECE OR MADE TO FIT ???? 8) :shock:
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby Shortcutsleeping » Thu May 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Alex,

Ask all the questions you have...no worries. (or just buy the car... :-)

You are correct on the mods and Dick is spot-on with the wheels. They are still 4 lug and I had the wheels made (wasn't expensive at all) by the circle track supplier 'Bassett' in their 'lightweight' line. The wheels are indeed pretty light, especially for steel. Stock brake calipers in front but with braided stainless flexlines (and good ducting). The brakes hold up very well as porterfield makes really good pads.

I've not seen Koni's in ages for the Hbody, but I have several sets. My spares package for this car is just stupid. Two spare hoods, two or three hatches, several sets of taillights, Headlight trim panels, complete set of suspension arms, spindles, torque arms, driveshafts for 5sp and 4sp, two saginaws, shifters, spare block, crank, heads, front covers, etc etc.

The front springs were also circle track sourced and I'll need to check my notes but the spring rate is UP THERE. 850 comes to mind but it might have ended up at 900.

The front air dam was custom, but stupid simple. It would be pretty easy to make copies. I'd thought about duplicating it and the T5 mount to sell to the H community, but with a GT1 car now I simply have no time....couple that with a job change and maybe moving and I need to start clearing out stuff quick (sold my motorcycle tonite in fact!).

Still got questions? Keep them coming... :D

Cheers,

Costas
cars and such...
Shortcutsleeping

Postby Shortcutsleeping » Wed May 27, 2009 6:31 pm

http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch139.htm

SHE LIVES!!!! 8)

Link updated with more pics and story!!

Costas
cars and such...
Shortcutsleeping

Postby Shortcutsleeping » Sun May 31, 2009 12:40 am

VID from TWS today. I took some in-car also and we'll see if that turned out.
But here is some good sideline shot of me passing a c6 and then a porsche 911.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUfz_OUAAtw

enjoy,

Costas
cars and such...
Shortcutsleeping

Postby hammerdown7 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:20 am

Costas,

So what did the Vette and Porsche drivers have to say about getting passed by a V6 Monza?!? By the way, it sounds like the old days of racing Corvairs.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby Shortcutsleeping » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:28 pm

Heh, the vette and porsche drivers didn't come by after that run session.

BUT the car did garner a lot of attention and questions.

"Why is the distributor at the wrong end of the engine" was a popular one. :shock:

Costas
cars and such...
Shortcutsleeping

Postby rpoz-29 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:15 pm

This car will be up for sale very soon. Twenty foot enclosed Haulmark trailer, tons of spare parts: body panels, glass, engine block, heads, cranks, timing covers, parts, rears, transmissions, completely rebuilt engine. Very well sorted, SCCA IT legal, and you could probably run vintage with it. I ran down a timidly drive 5.0 mustang in it, and hung with a few spec Miata's in the curves. Quick little car, and ridiculously priced. We moved from our house with the big garage, and I can't down size my "stuff" much more. Will post pictures if there is any interest. I should mention that Paul Costas will get first refusal on the car.
rpoz-29

Postby rpoz-29 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:33 am

Please take a look at the classified ads.
rpoz-29

Previous

Return to Road Racing and AutoX