Motor Identification

Moderator: Moderators

Motor Identification

Postby Tim_Racer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:21 pm

I would appreciate it if someone could identify the engine in the attached pic. Presumably Vega, part of a barn find. Desireable item? Any value (in absence of knowing its condition, of course)?
Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim_Racer

Re: Motor Identification

Postby hammerdown7 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:25 pm

This is a Vega 140 SOHC with aftermarket Weber carbs and exhaust header. An important find for someone who wants more power than stock but wants to keep the 4 cylinder that came with the car. My minds blank right now on the supplier but someone will come up with it.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Re: Motor Identification

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:08 am

I notice in the picture, the ribbed valve cover. I cannot recall seeing one, also the location of the PCV valve and hose on the valve cover indicated a 74 or previous. I believe they relocated the PCV valve hose to a higher location in 75 to help avoid the head filling up with oil creating the mosquito fogging effect at high RPM. Man did the the cars scatter behind me before I upgraded that cover when mine used to go into "fogger" mode..LOL
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
1974 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback
1982 Chevy S-10 longbed 2.8v6 A/C
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Black
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Aero-Blue
2008 Dodge Ram Longbed, Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
74_Vega_GT

Return to Engine Tech