NO GAS TO MOTOR ???

Moderator: Moderators

Re: NO GAS TO MOTOR ???

Postby DarthVega » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:27 am

Did you get fuel to the carb? I had the same problem, bought a new in tank pump and still nothing, so I figured it was electrical, and noticed it kept blowing fuses, I thought it was wiring but once a good fuse was in the power was supplied, after all the pulling the tank, fuse block and everything in between, it wound up being my ignition. If you find this being the issue with your’s be careful ordering a new one, most people will send you one from stock and not know there’s a difference between tilt and non tilt steering columns in the ignition switches, I bought 3 ignitions before I got the right one.

Good luck
[youtube][/youtube]Darth Vega
DarthVega

1975 Chevrolet Vega

Re: NO GAS TO MOTOR ???

Postby DarthVega » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 pm

Had that same issue, after scratching my head for days, knowing I switched the pump, I tested the wires from the fuse box, at times the test light would work and mostly not, and continuing to blow fuses, I found it was the ignition, and the problem is solved, be sure to get the right one if it turns out to be the problem, the tilt and non tilt looks similar but the connections are different, hope this helps
[youtube][/youtube]Darth Vega
DarthVega

1975 Chevrolet Vega

Previous

Return to Engine Tech