Front Sway-bar

Moderator: Moderators

Front Sway-bar

Postby Saint_James_41 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Currently in the process of building a 73 Vega GT for road racing and I cannot for the life of me find a sway-bar for it. Does anyone know if there are any alternative sway-bars that might work on the car? I can fabricate mounts and all that I just need something relatively the same size...
Saint_James_41

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: Front Sway-bar

Postby hammerdown7 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:42 pm

Monza V8's came with a 1.125" front bar stock. The rear was .875".

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby Monza Harry » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:10 am

Addco still lists them in their catalogue, but only the two biggest ones they offered. Addco IIRC uses a CNC bender to mfg. theirs so they should be able to make you one any size you want, cost...? Mucho I'm sure.
http://www.addco.net/aftermarket/catalog/chevrolet/
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/ ... odel/monza
Summit shows only the rear available with Addco #672 which sounds like the right one to me but they don't have a front one listed anymore. Beware when I bought mine 5+ years ago these were expensive (everything is more in Canada though)
Like I've bought whole cars for less than half the $$$. I have about 3 rears (stock) of different sizes there is only small dia. changes, hard to do by eye. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby rjones35 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:36 pm

There's a sway bar on this wagon front stub I got for my car. I don't think I'll be using the sway bar, if something like that will work? I can let you know.
rjones35

Return to Racing Chassis