Jeg's burn

Post about where you buy H-body parts and who sells what. POST ONLY FACTS. Business reps can advertise here ONLY IF you sell H-body parts.

Moderator: Moderators

Jeg's burn

Postby Bullet » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:39 pm

I just bought a set of drop spindles for my 85 GMC, I ordered the Jeg's brand at $279.99, when I received them, they were in a plane brown shipping box with no numbers, in other words, a regular shipping box. When I opened them up, I found they had sent me McGaughy brand spindles. I know Jeg's doesn't make spindles, I figured they were another brand, but what ticks me off is that the McGaughys are $255.99. They just re-boxed them and marked them up $24. I called them on it and they told me that since they cross reference over, and I was going to use them (like I have a choice with my vehicle hanging off stands) they wouldn't refund the $24. That's just not right in my opinion. It's not the $24 that burns me, it's the fact they obviously went to trouble to deceive when they could have just said "hey, ours are out of stock so we are sending these cheaper ones and refunding the difference." I don't even have an issue with them selling McGaughy spindles under their own name but they should price them equally.

A good friend of mine that's bought a ton of stuff, including a full chassis, just got ripped for shipping when their website states no shipping or handling. His invoice didn't have shipping but when he got his statement, they had tagged it on after the fact. He called and they refused to refund it.

I'm done with them myself, I'll never buy anything there again and I'm going to encourage everyone I can to stop buying from them until they clean up their act.
Bullet

Re: Jeg's burn

Postby Smiley » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:23 pm

2" drop Belltech spindles for an 85 S10 are $140 shipped from Summit.
send them back to Jegs.
Smiley

Re: Jeg's burn

Postby Bullet » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:43 am

S-10 spindles aren't the same, full size is what I needed. I will update this though, I got a phone call from Jeg's about 7:30 last night, the customer service rep had investigated after he received my last email and found that the warehouse had boxed them wrong and I did receive the wrong spindles. The refunded my $24 so I'll give them credit for investigating my claim and actually picking up the phone to call me and apologize. The Jeg's brand spindles are actually Ground Force which are better quality and about $100 more in price than the Jeg's. At any rate, I installed what I got because I need my vehicle, bump in the road but Jeg's did step up. I'm glad, I have a laundry list of parts for my Monza and I like dealing with Jeg's over Summit, even if the prices are a tad bit higher on a lot of stuff.
Bullet

Return to Supplier Reviews