Kevko oil pans (1 piece main seal)

Post about where you buy H-body parts and who sells what. POST ONLY FACTS. Business reps can advertise here ONLY IF you sell H-body parts.

Moderator: Moderators

Kevko oil pans (1 piece main seal)

Postby RamIt » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:42 pm

I spoke with Kevko about making a pan for my vortec 350 conversion.
I asked for a pan with 7 1/2" depth because I always hated my pan being lower than the k member and the first thing to hit.
I just received the pan and it looks great. I shouldn't have any problems with the grease fittings on the center link.
Price was ok I guess for a custom pan ($245) but it arrived to my house in a week.
I did not have to give them any information other than I wanted a 1 piece seal pan for a vega 7 1/2" deep.
I'll report back in a week or so if there are any centerlink clearance problems.

http://www.kevkoracing.com/

Re: Kevko oil pans (1 piece main seal)

Postby gotmud7 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:30 pm

That's the same pan I have on my 72 Vega with a 383. No problems what so ever with clearance. I put in the V8 in the fall. It came on my Smeding Engine.
The only Vega's that only had a little rust were the ones still on the assembly line.
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby RamIt » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm just a little nervous about the centerlink grease fittings. The pan is 7.25" wide and from lock to lock is 7.25" between the grease fittings.
I'm pretty sure the engine gets offset to the passenger side so looks like I might need to dimple the pan on the right side.

Postby Smiley » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:56 am

You can grease the inner joints then remove the zerk fittings and plug the holes with short allen set screws. Or replace the inner tie rods with the Moog type that have the fittings facing the firewall.

Smiley

Return to Supplier Reviews