Cosworth Vega takes 1st in class at Long Island Cars Show

Post event information here

Moderator: Moderators

Cosworth Vega takes 1st in class at Long Island Cars Show

Postby vegavairbob » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:15 pm

The second show of the season on Long Island was held Sunday, April 21th at Belmont Racetrack, Elmont NY. It was also the second show my '76 Cosworth was judged since I bought it in August. The car took 1st place in its stock 70s class. The L.I. season opener two weeks ago had a massive turnout, the most cars I've seen at a L.I. show. The Cosworth enjoyed much attention and praise all day at both shows.
In comparison, the gorgeous '67 Jaguar E-Type roadster next to me was practically ignored (but did win a trophy in its class). After an application of Zymol detailing spray to the paint and wheels, and a windows cleaning, the Cosworth was ready to be judged.

A few weeks ago I had used Zymol Cleanse and Zymol Carbon Wax on the paint and Zymol Vinyl Cleaner, then Zymol Vinyl Conditioner to the interior with beautiful results. Unlike my 73 Vega GT (which did win more than 30 trophies over 8 years), the Cosworth is displayed with its hood proudly open! In the cargo area, a gold-framed "Cosworth, One Vega For The Price of Two" ad was displayed along with a copy of the car's 2013 Motor Trend Classic article in a thin black binder and a 1986-vintage CVOA magazine proudly proclaiming on its cover Car and Driver's selection of the Cosworth as one of "10 Most Collectable Cars" (1976-1986)

The car already has a show-winning history. According to previous owners, the car was a Cosworth Vega Owners Association "1987 National Round Up" show winner at the event in Gettysburg, Pa. and had won its class in almost every CVOA show entered including the "1995 National Round-Up" in Detroit and the CVOA "2003 National Round-Up" in Austin Texas. I will be attending the upcoming CVOA 2013 NY Regional Meet with the car.

Link to 63 photos of show cars
http://www.motortopia.com/car-pictures/ ... 2013-32622

1976 Cosworth Vega at "Long Island Cars" Show at Belmont Racetrack, Elmont NY - April 21, 2013
002.JPG

After show at home before the 3-mile trip back to the storage unit.
76 CV 4-21-13.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1971 Chevrolet Vega Panel Express
1973 Chevrolet Vega GT - Millionth Vega
1976 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega
1988 Chevrolet Nova
vegavairbob

1971 Chevrolet Vega Panel Express

Re: Cosworth Vega takes 1st in class at Long Island Cars Sho

Postby cosvega76 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:21 am

Are you for real??

You get done flaming this forum on the Yahoo Cosworth Vega site:

H Body Community is infested
Posted By:
vegavairbob
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:29 am |

I deleted over 100 posts including much info and photo archives from the H-Body
Community. I warned several members there and the moderator if the immature
antics didn't stop it would happen. It's a shame because there aren't members
that cater to the stock cars in terms of archives, etc. Although the moderator
mentioned he would be deleting my posts, I initiated it by deleting at least the
current 100 and requested my garage be deleted as well. I do not recommend the
site for Vega or Cosworth Vega enthusiasts. If you own a V8 conversion or the
like you will fit right in. I wasted 600 time-consuming posts on that site. A
click of V8 owners sadly ruined it for the rest of the members. You wouldn't
believe some of the comments that were posted in reaction to the Cosworth Vega
Motor Trend Classic article featuring my car. The site is a disgrace to the
Cosworth Vega and Vegas in general. Guests that visit the site probably think
it's a joke.

...and you come back here like nothing's happened?

Either step up with a BIG apology, or get lost!

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby jon72vega » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 am

cosvega76 wrote:Are you for real??

You get done flaming this forum on the Yahoo Cosworth Vega site:

H Body Community is infested
Posted By:
vegavairbob
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:29 am |

I deleted over 100 posts including much info and photo archives from the H-Body
Community. I warned several members there and the moderator if the immature
antics didn't stop it would happen. It's a shame because there aren't members
that cater to the stock cars in terms of archives, etc. Although the moderator
mentioned he would be deleting my posts, I initiated it by deleting at least the
current 100 and requested my garage be deleted as well. I do not recommend the
site for Vega or Cosworth Vega enthusiasts. If you own a V8 conversion or the
like you will fit right in. I wasted 600 time-consuming posts on that site. A
click of V8 owners sadly ruined it for the rest of the members. You wouldn't
believe some of the comments that were posted in reaction to the Cosworth Vega
Motor Trend Classic article featuring my car. The site is a disgrace to the
Cosworth Vega and Vegas in general. Guests that visit the site probably think
it's a joke.

...and you come back here like nothing's happened?

Either step up with a BIG apology, or get lost!

Chuck

Edited 0 times
jon72vega

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby 454Vega » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:53 am

Thought this Clown was banned? :bang:
454Vega

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26 am

This is the best site for all H body's, stock or modified. I don't think it's right to slam it on other sites despite what has happened. Yes, there are differences in opinions from time to time and some personality conflicts but those things just happen. It's how everyone involved handles it that's important. I am curious why you started posting again after the comments made? I applaud the accomplishments that you have made with your cars but there should be some decision as to what you want to do here. Personally I welcome everyone's stories an pictures for their cars but the nonsense I can do without.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby Wizeguyrc » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 am

Before we all jump the gun here..... there may be a problem with the server reposting old stuff. There are some other threads that are reposted that have old responses attached to them, just like this one.
The only way this could have intentionally happened would be if a MOD. reinstated him.
Let's find out from Marco what's going on before this turns into another unneeded mess.

Whoops...I have to get off this thread...I've already made two edits......Run Forrest, run.....the sickness is spreading..lol
Wizeguyrc

Postby v8astregt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Jesus, just like a child. You threatened to not post here ever again on this "infested" board just over a week ago, and you're back?

I guess because the Cosworth board didn't buy you flaming of this board like a bunch of sheep like you had hoped. You threatened to not post there again either I see:

"I only reacted to antics and jealousy as the moderator there had determined. After that comment I won't be posting here again. Just as well, I have more useful things to do."

So people weren't begging you to stay there, so now you're trying to worm back to the only real "friends" you think you have on the internet?

And this is definitely a current post above, referencing a show on Sunday April 21 2013.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby v8astregt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:35 pm

WTF is going on BOB?

I had a little deja-vu reading that last post, mainly about sitting next to a Jaguar E-type but getting more attention than it.

Then I took the following quote and plugged it into Google:

"In comparison, the gorgeous '67 Jaguar E-Type roadster next to me was practically ignored"

and the Google result/preview linked to a cached copy of a topic posted April 8 with the EXACT same wording, along with your love of Zymol. (don't click the link for the current page as it will show the page as it currently looks, which was edited YESTERDAY I see, to eliminate all this E-type talk. Click on the CACHED link, or the 2 RH arrows on the right of the description).

Maybe this link will work?: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

Recycling your prestigious "show" stories? Don't have anything better to do than go through and edit month old posts and prop yourself up?
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby v8astregt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:41 pm

vegavairbob wrote:The second show of the season on Long Island was held Sunday, April 21th at Belmont Racetrack, Elmont NY. It was also the second show my '76 Cosworth was judged since I bought it in August. The car took 1st place in its stock 70s class. The L.I. season opener two weeks ago had a massive turnout, the most cars I've seen at a L.I. show. The Cosworth enjoyed much attention and praise all day at both shows.
In comparison, the gorgeous '67 Jaguar E-Type roadster next to me was practically ignored (but did win a trophy in its class). After an application of Zymol detailing spray to the paint and wheels, and a windows cleaning, the Cosworth was ready to be judged.

A few weeks ago I had used Zymol Cleanse and Zymol Carbon Wax on the paint and Zymol Vinyl Cleaner, then Zymol Vinyl Conditioner to the interior with beautiful results. Unlike my 73 Vega GT (which did win more than 30 trophies over 8 years), the Cosworth is displayed with its hood proudly open! In the cargo area, a gold-framed "Cosworth, One Vega For The Price of Two" ad was displayed along with a copy of the car's 2013 Motor Trend Classic article in a thin black binder and a 1986-vintage CVOA magazine proudly proclaiming on its cover Car and Driver's selection of the Cosworth as one of "10 Most Collectable Cars" (1976-1986)

The car already has a show-winning history. According to previous owners, the car was a Cosworth Vega Owners Association "1987 National Round Up" show winner at the event in Gettysburg, Pa. and had won its class in almost every CVOA show entered including the "1995 National Round-Up" in Detroit and the CVOA "2003 National Round-Up" in Austin Texas. I will be attending the upcoming CVOA 2013 NY Regional Meet with the car.

Link to 63 photos of show cars
http://www.motortopia.com/car-pictures/ ... 2013-32622

1976 Cosworth Vega at "Long Island Cars" Show at Belmont Racetrack, Elmont NY - April 21, 2013
002.JPG

After show at home before the 3-mile trip back to the storage unit.
76 CV 4-21-13.jpg

Quoted for when Bob edits first post.
v8astregt

Postby v8astregt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:43 pm

vegavairbob wrote:First judged show (& first trophy) under my ownership

Postby vegavairbob » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 pm
The first show of the season on Long Island was held Sunday, April 7th at MacArthur Airport. It also was the first show my '76 Cosworth was judged since I bought it in August. It was entered in one local show last summer but I didn't have it judged and the 2012 New England Concourse D Elegance the car was invited to last fall was not a judged event. The L.I. season opener had a massive turnout, the most cars I've seen at a L.I. show. The Cosworth enjoyed much attention and praise all day. In comparison, the gorgeous 67 EType Jaguar roadster next to me was practically ignored (but did won a trophy in its class). After an application of Zymol detailing spray to the paint and wheels, and a windows cleaning, the Cosworth was ready to be judged. Last week I had used Zymol Cleanse and Zymol Carbon Wax on the paint and Zymol Vinyl Cleaner, then Zymol Vinyl Conditioner to the interior with beautiful results. Unlike my 73 Vega GT (which did win more than 30 trophies over 8 years), the Cosworth is displayed with its hood proudly open! In the cargo area, a gold-framed "Cosworth, One Vega For The Price of Two" ad was displayed along with a copy of the car's 2013 Motor Trend Classic article in a thin black binder and a 1986-vintage CVOA magazine proudly proclaiming on its cover Car and Driver's selection of the Cosworth as one of "10 Most Collectable Cars" (1976-1986). So the Cosworth brought home a trophy this first time around in a stock 70s class, tied with a Firebird T/A. The next L.I. show is April 21st at Belmont Racetrack. I will be displaying it (after judging) with the GM "Go-Camp" Vega Tent installed - Cosworth Camper? I will try 2 for 2.

Cached April 8th post for comparison.
v8astregt

Postby T-FATTY » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Please tell me it's April fools day again! :bump:
YES I accept paypal donations...
T-FATTY

Postby Wizeguyrc » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:31 pm

That's why I said it was an old post.
Wizeguyrc

Postby v8astregt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Wizeguyrc wrote:That's why I said it was an old post.

But the dates and story was changed to reflect a new show last weekend. And his last post where the content came from has been edited to eliminate his E-type conversation. For some of the other recent posts by vegavairbob I'd agree, but this topic was explicitly edited and reposted to reflect an event last Sunday. Not a computer error for this one.
v8astregt

Postby 454Vega » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Sooooooooooo,whats the story?
454Vega

Postby T-FATTY » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 pm

The story is Bob's a winner, err i mean he won...
YES I accept paypal donations...
T-FATTY

Next

Return to Car Shows, Meets & Gatherings