zeke's Sport Coupe

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Sport Coupe

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:22 pm

I bought a set of the same ones and while they aren't OE quality, our cars will not/don't need the doors lifted and we now know where to pull on the handle to best extend door handle life, these should last quite a long time. And being all shiney doesn't hurt either! 8) Coming along there Chris! Keep up the updates and the work on the car. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:12 pm

Thanks Harry :)

Nice drive in the sport coupe tonight
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:53 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby burnouts&rotorblades » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:15 am

Canadia land is pretty this time of year, or at least the time where you took those pictures.
1972 Vega Wagon; 283 V8, 4 speed video 1
#DriftVega
YouTube/butnoutsAndRotorblades
Facebook/BurnoutsAndRotorblades
instagram @BurnoutsAndRotorblades
[url]BurnoutsAndRotorblades@gmail.com[/url]

"Don't get it right, Just get it running"
burnouts&rotorblades

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby Chief_Runs_W_Coyotes » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:06 am

I've seen that sunbird in a few pictures now and I have to ask...is that the D80 option chin spoiler? I have been considering a chin spoiler for my bird but haven't made the jump on one yet. I can't find one specifically made for it (of course you can't I'm about 30 years too late) but I have found some likely alternatives that might work with a little massaging. Just curious.
1979 Pontiac Sunbird (currently undergoing restoration) with the old duke and a 4 speed
Chief_Runs_W_Coyotes

Postby marzie » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:30 am

Hey Chief_Runs_W_Coyotes ,

The air dam is a modified 73 Vega front spoiler. Three inches sectioned out, rear mounting points raised 3/4" to make it work. Plus added a centre point to help keep it in place.

I delivered a factory D80 air dam to another Sunbird owner that's going to make fibreglass molds for them.

PM me you email address if you need pics of what went into the modified Vega piece I'm currently running.

Dave (Marzie)
marzie

Postby zeke » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:54 am

B&R, above pic was taken last Sunday :-)
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:51 am

Seven inch dump yesterday
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 79MonzaSpyder » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:51 pm

It was like 20 celcius there last week wasn't it? I was jealous cuz it was 8-9 celcius out on the west coast. Most of the time like today we have the liquid version of snow, at least I don't have to shovel it.

Hey Chris, I meant to ask you, when you put the front window in your car with the 3M window ribbon did you use a pinch weld primer on the pinch weld and window?
The Fleet
2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
79 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup Fully Restored with matching 78 11' Camper
80 Monza 2+2, Cloned into a 79 Monza Spyder V8 4 Speed (Current Project)
80 Monza Spyder V6 Auto (parts car, sadly)
80 Honda CB750K Fully Restored with Custom Full Dress
80 Honda CM400A 10,000 Orig. Miles Full Dress
75 Honda XL250 Fully Restored (first vehicle I ever owned)
73 Honda SL125 off roader
72 Honda Motorsport 250 (XL250) off roader
79MonzaSpyder

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:55 pm

Yes, snap season change for sure

I took the pinch weld surface down to bare metal, primed and painted it, let cure for days, wiped with alcohol before laying ribbon down. Didn't use the expensive pinch weld primer as the butyl went on a brand new surface. Seems to be fine. Might want urethane if ya got a monster engine
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 79MonzaSpyder » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:37 pm

Thanks Chris, good to know, I will be doing the same, pulling the old broken window out and prepping and painting the pinch weld area the new color, paint teh metal portion of the dash and then putting the window in.

Not right now, my car has noth'n in the engine bay, going to start a project journal here in the coming weeks. I have a 77 305 with low k's to go in it to start with, and likely at some point I would drop a mild 350 into it. Plan A is to freshen up the motor and trans, sand, clean and paint the engine bay, clean and seal the gas tank, new fuel pump etc and get it running and moving under its own power. Then rebuild the brakes so I can drive it around. Then the interior and finally paint the rest of the car. Then maybe swap a better motor into it. I have owned my first H body since 1985 (still have it) and this one is a roller at this point. Neither have seen the light of day for 8 years and neither have been on the road in over 15 years. I have not seen a Monza HB on the road out here in close to 5 years. Some dude near my house does have a two headlight notchback bone stock, unrestored, doesn't seem to be rusty either. Just have never connected with him, I have passed it a few time but never seem to catch the guy. My goal is to make two cars into one, my original is an 80 Spyder V6 Auto and the roller is an 80 2+2 HB, both quad lights like your red one. the 2+2 had a 350 4 speed in it prior to me obtaining it. I have been compiling parts for about 10 years to get enough stuff to finally make it worth starting to build and then see what's missing. I have been buying unobtainium parts for the last few years. My intent is for it to at least look fairly stock when you pop the hood, even after we do the 350 swap, so finding all the factory V8 accessory brackets, air cleaner etc etc has been a long road. Anyway my son and I are really looking forward to finally starting the build and seeing it back on the road at some point. Supposed to be a joint project, we will see how that goes, he has a young family so getting time to work on it will be a challenge.
The Fleet
2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
79 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup Fully Restored with matching 78 11' Camper
80 Monza 2+2, Cloned into a 79 Monza Spyder V8 4 Speed (Current Project)
80 Monza Spyder V6 Auto (parts car, sadly)
80 Honda CB750K Fully Restored with Custom Full Dress
80 Honda CM400A 10,000 Orig. Miles Full Dress
75 Honda XL250 Fully Restored (first vehicle I ever owned)
73 Honda SL125 off roader
72 Honda Motorsport 250 (XL250) off roader
79MonzaSpyder

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:25 pm

First ride of the year was a short trip to the parts store :D
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Nice ride in the sport coupe the other day :mrgreen:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:48 am

Econobox cruising the back roads xD
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Tue May 04, 2021 5:42 am

I mostly call it Green Monza but here's Daisy Duke again :lol:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals